Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help - Service Now & CEL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 09:22 PM
dimf is on a distinguished road
Help - Service Now & CEL

Hi,

We are currently on holiday in Vancouver islands with my CGTS - 1600 kms away from home.

Before we left home - my vehicle was showing service in 200 kms which I ignored thinking that the service guy set the oil change reminder too low at 5,000 kms. While driving around Yakima Washington, the CEL came on and stayed on, also say "Service Now" during start up. Thinking that it is loose gas cap again (happened to me more than once) I ignored it, but when it did not go away, I ran a check with my Durametric pro.
Fault Code #004 - Value Below Lower Limit Value
Here's what I got

Engine Module SD14 - part # 022906032ME

Diag # 41333032

can somebody pls tell me exactly what it means and is it safe to drive it?

The CEL is steady amber color, and I think the vehicle drive normal.

we are about 500 kms drive away from Vancouver. I think the closest Porsche service center is 300 kms away, in Victoria.

If I am not exposing the vehicle to risk by driving it back to Edmonton, I will try to get it fixed in Edmonton, otherwise - I will have it fixed in Victoria

Old 08-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Just saw this thread - still need help? If so, I can try to look into this tonight. Let me know.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I called Durametric on your behalf where it seems like you may have already contacted them. They suggested you send a communications log with more information since the given descriptor is vague and "not defined" in the software.

To me, it sounds like there is more information available that only Durametric would be able to view and relay to you. Hopefully, this is helpful. Please update this thread when you get a chance.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:09 AM
thanks Renaissanceman - you are awesome, as always!

yes, I contacted Durametric. Owen Sutton instructed me to uninstall the older software and install the latest (6.3.1.7). It is now giving me different fault codes

8004 - below lower limit value
8110 No signal/communication
9410 below lower limit value

the CEL actually went away on it's own after driving around Tofino and when we started our journey back home. It gave me a little peace of mind on the highway. I was observing it on the highway and it was running like a champ . I was playing a little bit with a Panamera 4S all throughout the Coquihalla Hi Way, engine is responsive as it should, and temp remained as normal.

The CEL briefly showed up today, but disappeared after a short drive. the vehicle is scheduled for an oil change and checkup this Thursday, I am trying to get as much info as I could in the meantime. Those fault codes showed above were taken just a few minutes ago.

My cousin Ray, a 993 owner and a knowledgeable enthusiast is helping me out as well, online as he is based in Yakima. He suspected before that the cold air intake and the secondary cat bypass mods could be throwing the code because the vehicle is now breathing more freely, and as he put it - Porsche tolerances can sometimes be really tight. We don't know that for sure yet. I'd like to think of it that way, than having to change the DME because it is broken. Now at least I have a good alibi for an ECU tune..

I am sure Durametric will email me tomorrow, in between - more inputs will be appreciated.

btw, I am new to this car stuff (used to be in other hobbies) and just starting to realize how wonderful the Durametric tool is. While hooked into my vehicle, I explored a little bit and was amazed how much diagnostic info is available.. now I know all my 8 cylinders have no misfire

Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 PM
description of fault codes as per Owen.
The fault codes and descriptions you find in this car's engine unit are as follows:

0480: Fan 1 control circuit
1081: Air mass ahead of throttle valve, partial load
1094: Air mass ahead of throttle valve, implausible

he won't give me diagnosis, but this will help the mechanic.

any opinion still welcome

Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 PM
took the vehicle to the shop for oil change, 40k miles service and check the CEL. Dirty MAF sensor is the culprit.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Glad to see you got it figured out.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Glad to see you got it figured out.
looks like problem solved. next on the menu is complete brake job soon

Old 06-23-2015, 10:00 PM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
Did you end up cleaning the MAF some how or did you replace? If you replaced did you replace both or were you able to figure out which one was bad? Crickies these things are expensive for a GTS.