Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

cayenne idle drop engine vibrates when coming to stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Registered PM
redzero is on a distinguished road

im new to this forums so
hi all
cayenne s 2006
new fuel pupms new mafs new throttle body clean new radiator
new coils and plugs last all whithin this year

even in traffic when you drive and stop once you stopped idle rpm drops littke bit some vipration or alot come from engine area then it idle normally again

these been posted numerous time but never been resolved or answerd in these form

Old 11-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Registered PM
redzero is on a distinguished road
just pulled these codes

P2187 System at Idle Bank 1
P0441 Evaporative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow
P0509 Idle Air Control System RPM

some symptoms I noticed with the idle will dip then come back within 1 second to normal when I turn the ac

idle will dip then come back within 1 second while coming to a stop

Old 11-08-2013, 02:00 PM
dtxscott is on a distinguished road
I had the idle dip with no codes present. I did the throttle position reset trick and it removed 90% of the issue.

The throttle position reset is very easy..... Insert key and turn to "on" position. Wait approx. 1 min while some clicking occurs, turn off the car, then re-start normally.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dtxscott
I had the idle dip with no codes present. I did the throttle position reset trick and it removed 90% of the issue.
So.... what did you do about the other 10%? Eliminating 90% of a problem still leaves the problem.

Last edited by denversteve; 11-08-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:12 PM
dtxscott is on a distinguished road
My plan is to clean the throttle plate as that fixed it 20k miles ago.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 PM
florida2002m3 is on a distinguished road
Can you physically prop open the butterfly and clean it while on the car, or do you have to fully remove the TB and clean it?

And is this a confirmed solution?

Old 02-14-2014, 10:10 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
this sounds silly but make sure your oil cap seals properly and the oring is good. any air through there and your idol will jerly just like you say. take the cap off while running to see what im talking about.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:31 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by redzero
just pulled these codes

P0441 Evaporative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow
Looks like a problem with the fuel tank evap system, like it cant get rid of pressure/gases. I know on your common vehicle its hard/expensive to change.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Lpelz is on a distinguished road
Lou

I have this problem on my 06. I have recently changed the cam solenoids which ran about $1,800. This cured about 90% of the problem. I am still having a problem when I am idling down in stop and go traffic. Would like to hear any suggestions.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Mine does it too. But, it doesn't stall and it still passes smog....so I'm not gonna nitpick it.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:44 PM
TurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really nice
did you get this resolved?

Old 03-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I did, had to replace both engine motor mounts. One was leaking and the other on it's way.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:44 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Air/oil seperator may have a vac. leak. Look at Pelican parts write-up about this. Can't attach for some reason.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:13 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
If you take the oil cap off, it should run poorly and may even stall. If not, then you have a vac leak somewhere. best to pump smoke into the system and look for leaks. They can be difficult to find at times. The e-throttle may need adjustment, Air-idle controller, Cam position sensor, Poor fuel pressure, Pressure relief valve, dirty throttle body probably 10 other things can cause those symptoms I'm sure. A scanner sure helps narrow it down, but I'm finding it very difficult to be spot-on with symptoms on these pigs, even with the Durametric. Mine is running great, but every so often only when in park, the idle jumps up and my CEL comes on, then it goes back to normal.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Check the short plastic pcv tube that runs behind the throttle body under the "4.5L" engine cover.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cayenne idle drop engine vibrates when coming to stop