Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Cayenne, mods and progressing upgrades

Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Drk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the rough
My Cayenne, mods and progressing upgrades

I have been reading this forum for a few months now, and finally decided to get an 06 Cayenne S - titanium edition. Right off the bat, I had to do a few minor upgrades since I can't keep anything stock

So far I've done a full exhaust with cat bypass and Magnaflow mufflers, BMC air filters and modified the air box, Spyder LED tail lights (came clear, tinted myself), tinted side lights, aluminum cooling pipes, 25mm wheel spacers, Sarona vented hood, Sarona front bumper, second interior screen, custom vinyls, tire lettering and blacked out exterior trim as well as the brake calipers and roof rack.

The to do list consists of an ECU tune, KW shocks and a carbon rear wing. Possibly 22"s if they fix these crappy roads in the tri state.

The before...

The after...

Last edited by Drk Knight; 11-20-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:57 AM
markdjr is on a distinguished road
Ive got some techart exhaust tips ill sell cheap if you want to sound a little burlier.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:39 AM
Waitin4Dv is on a distinguished road
What kinda led upgrand in the grill did you use. Any install clips?

Old 12-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Looking good so far. Congratulations on the purchase Whats the mileage on the beast?

Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Drk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the rough
markdjr - For now I will keep the tips I have, thanks.

Waitin4Dv - The grill lights were a nonbrand LED bar I found on ebay for cheap. Only cost 12 bucks but I will upgrade to something larger when the body kit is installed. These I attached with double-sided tape, and wired to the side marker lights. Hold up great.

ECS Tuning - I purchased with 62k miles but took a few road trips and put some miles on, somewhere around 67k right now.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Post has been updated with final shots like I promised!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
By all means, do the cold air intakes too. Makes sure you don't use the oiled filters, as they wreck havoc on the MAF. That upgrade alone is good for 20hp/tq increase and improved gas mileage too.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:16 AM
tcraig808 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by markdjr
Ive got some techart exhaust tips ill sell cheap if you want to sound a little burlier.

Do you have pictures of the exhaust tips you're trying to sell? Thank you in reply

Old 03-23-2014, 05:26 PM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
Looks great

Old 05-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Zuffenhausen955
By all means, do the cold air intakes too. Makes sure you don't use the oiled filters, as they wreck havoc on the MAF. That upgrade alone is good for 20hp/tq increase and improved gas mileage too.
I've heard mixed reviews of the intakes. I am looking to do everything I can for power but some people say all they give you is a louder intake sound. What brands should I look into?

Old 05-15-2014, 10:30 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I made vids to compare various setups so that you can get a better idea of what the difference will be (inside and outside car). Look for my posts and you will find them on here.
If you want your car to sound louder, the quickest way would be to do the secondary cat delete. I got a set of nice ones from Leistung and it made the car much growlier.

Last edited by ciaka; 05-16-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:55 AM
wintermute is on a distinguished road
Mine has rear cat delete and BMC panel filters, supposedly better than K&N, the noise makes your hairs stand on end

Old 05-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
I made vids to compare various setups so that you can get a better idea of what the difference will be (inside and outside car). Look for my posts and you will find them on here.
If you want your car to sound louder, the quickest way would be to do the secondary cat delete. I got a set of nice ones from Leistung and it made the car much growlier.
Funny enough, that thread was one of the first I saw on this forum. The magnaflows I have on right now give a nice growl and I'm sure the by pass pipes will only make it sound better. For the intake, I will custom make one, most likely with aluminum tubing and use AEM non oiled filters.

edit/update - did a full exhaust including cat bypass, its crazy loud. I went with BMC filters and modified the airbox a little to get a better flow.

Last edited by Drk Knight; 01-04-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Mang0 is on a distinguished road
I like the mesh on the front, cleaning those slats and wiping them down each wash is a true p.i.t.a not to mention the bugs...

Like the new fog lights too.

This came up as I was doing a search for tail lights

Old 01-04-2015, 04:03 PM
I wash and wax every Saturday so cleaning isn't so bad. Since you were searching for lights, I would definitely recommend these from Spyder. The LEDs are bright, even with the dark tint I put on. The reverse light is a regular bulb and not LED. I would just recommend putting one of the LED bulb replacements in.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Cayenne, mods and progressing upgrades