Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne runs for 5-10 secs and then shuts off!?!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:04 PM
sempaipaul will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
We have most of the fuel components you looking for. If this for the 2004 S, Click Here for more information. Let us know if you need anything else or have any other questions.
not sure what I need or what I need to be changing.... should I be changing both of the pumps even though only the main one failed?

Should I be changing any other fuel lines? Filters?

Thanks,
Paul

Old 01-29-2014, 10:57 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know how much time or patience you have, it's obviously much more than me, but I would have (long ago) dropped it off at the dealership and had it finished later in the day. Sometimes it's time to say - enough. If nothing else than for piece-of-mind.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
It's up too if you want to change the right side pump, some say too, some don't. The right side pump is only gets used on start up, full throttle, and when the fuel level gets extremely low (Below 2 gallons). The bare minimum you should get is the Left Side pump (95562093101), 2 sealing rings (95520113301) and the Integrated Filter (95562084100).

Old 02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
sempaipaul will become famous soon enough
ECS - do I need some special tool for this job?

Do you guys carry the tool as well?

Thanks!
Paul

Old 02-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sempaipaul
ECS - do I need some special tool for this job?

Do you guys carry the tool as well?

Thanks!
Paul
There is a special Porsche tool used for removing and installing the metal tank flange. The Porsche tool does slip off of the flange easily and that can be a pain. We've always found it easier to use the old-school hammer and screwdriver method, being careful to clock the ring to the original location on reinstallation.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:58 PM
wolfrc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for this info, it helped to determine that my primary fuel pump is dead. Any idea how harmful it would be to run on just the secondary until i can get a part and some weather to install? side note: the beast left me stranded on a -4F evening...you would think that there would be a way for the secondary to "kick in" to keep the car running?

Old 12-19-2016, 05:26 PM
wolfrc is an unknown quantity at this point
also...which one is the Primary? I had both pumps replaced about 2 years ago, so I only want to replace the one side.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Driver side rear is primary HPFP.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:28 PM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zuffenhausen955
Driver side rear is primary HPFP.
No High Pressure Fuel Pump on the 955. Only on the 4.8 litres.