Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Coolant Pipe Settlement $4.5 million for the lawyers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Bigfoot is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Coolant Pipe Settlement $4.5 million for the lawyers

The lawyers will get $4.5 million . . .

http://coolantpipesettlement.com/

According to the settlement website, the lawyers will get $4.5 million.

I get the opportunity to pay $2,200 at my dealership in Minnesota and the possibility of getting $1,500 refunded sometime after the March 2014 hearing.

My 2006 Turbo S has 59,950 miles on the odometer as I type this today. I purchased it CPO from the local dealership after somebody leased it for 3 years. My dealership indicates the last time they replaced a customer's tubes it was about $2,200. I have the plastic pipes and 49 miles left before my possible reimbursement drops from $1,500 to $1,200 for a preventative replacement at the dealership.

Since I am not even sure we will get the "refunds" after the March hearing, I will certainly blow past the 60,000 mile cutoff this week and reduce my possible reimbursement. As it stands, if the hearing goes in "our favor", the lawyers will get the $4.5 million and I will get the opportunity to replace the pipes at my dealership for $1,000 (I pay $2,200 up front and get $1,200 refunded later).

The "fairness hearing" must just apply to the lawyers.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Always works that way! Lawyers and litigation will be the end of this country! Lol!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I feel your pain. "Lucky" for me my pipes broke on the highway a few years ago at about 55k miles. I should get $1800 back out of the $2200 I paid. I'm still out $400 for someone else's design flaw AND I've lost the investment potential on that $1800 over the last 3 years.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
When court cases are involved, the lawyers are the only one's guaranteed to make out. But, with no lawyers, no case. It's a catch 22.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I also had to pay out of the pocket. I've not submitted any forms since it is still on-going. I will wait and see how this goes...

Old 01-29-2014, 12:16 AM
fat911 is a jewel in the roughfat911 is a jewel in the roughfat911 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, I got my letter. I'm going to submit, I had mine go early in the car's life so Porsche replaced them.

It's interesting because now the 955/957s are leaking water in the interior foot wells. Looks like another lawsuit looming.

Unreal some Cayenne's cost over $100k (mine was $106k new) and poor engineering would lead to water leaking in the interior foot wells.

Pepper's are awesome cars, but I expected more from Porsche (this is my first).

Last edited by fat911; 01-29-2014 at 12:18 AM. Reason: grammar