Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

C6 S6 (or similar) to 955/957 Cayenne Turbo/GTS?

Old 06-10-2016, 03:15 PM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Bumping an old thread. Still have the GTS which I love, randomly checked out ads and I still see Some fine examples going for 40k they are retaining their value, not like I would ever sell though. I've seen some higher mileage ones for less but most of them are beat up or nasty carfax.

Picking up a project car to keep the GTS company, and thinking about a r8 or gt3 thereafter :-) why not both I guess we shall see how 2017 turns out!

Hope everyone is well! This is turning into my car journey thread, by accident, maybe a mod might want to re title and move the thread?

Old 06-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by VTGT
On a separate note; I've been driving my girls new BMW M235i all weekend and that's one helleuva fun little light car that reminds me of great bmws of the past. And while I love it for its agility, and raw speed and handling, I jumped right into the gts and still had more fun life is good and I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to own both of these marvelous machines.
Additionally in 2016/2017 we need to replace my SO car with something fun. What do you all think about a m2, too similar to the m235i, or the rs3 sedan (my vote)?

Both would be lease or i might convince her that we buy the rs5 even though it's a touch heavy I love the understated looks, size compared to the 2 and performance potential. Any other cars we should consider ?

Old 06-16-2016, 11:53 AM
Tuscani66 is on a distinguished road
I agree with the RS5, my brother works for Lexus and he's been pushing the RC-F on me, let me borrow it for a weekend thinking I'd keep it... IDK, but that's my input as another avenue - a RC-F.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Yeah I think buying a one owner rs5 and doing some things to open up the flow would be nice. Not as hard nosed or agile as the m2 but more space and usable with awd

For a couple it's a great car for a quick road trip! Now for the racetrack a 911 or m2 would be better. I'm standing by to see how I like the rs3 sedan, might be a nice combo of all 5 of those cars?

Last edited by VTGT; 06-16-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:55 AM
airbil is on a distinguished road
Update 2019

So well then, the S6 is semi parked as my wife’s Model 3 Performance version arrived last September. Being a tech teacher, it’s the perfect car for her short commute. She loves it. Zero issues in nine months.
Early last year did some major rehab work on the S6.
The plastic intake flaps had fallen totally apart and required a $1800 new intake manifold. I also replaced both radiators. Yes there are two. The small one had a small leak and the neck broke off the main one as the 10 yr old plastic had fatigued.
while in there, I carbon cleaned the valves, new plugs and coils.
Voila. Good to go again. Prefect. But for all around driver I’ll go ctts which is totally sorted and everything works.
Given that I have other cars, and even with the mtce. required on the S6, I have to sell it as being simply extra.
kinda bums me as I now know the points of fail and could keep it up for quite some time, I have way too many cars.
i did new valve cover gaskets on the ctts which was a challenge, but solved oil drips. Don’t forget to clean the screens in the cam adjusters and replace the O ring.
At some point I hope to get down to ctts, Tesla and the old 911.
Even with all the Tesla talk talk back n forth, it’s a quantum leap of a car and the future IMHO.
Cheers!