Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

B&B (Billy Boat) full 3" exhaust on CTTS

Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 AM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
Thanks for the great write up. Do you have any audio clips?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
Originally Posted by eVoMotion
Thanks for the great write up. Do you have any audio clips?
Sorry I'm not real good with video/sound....but I made an attempt. See the original post in this thread.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Mang0 is on a distinguished road
probably asking a lot

Only heard one blip on the vid, would love to hear perhaps under load through the RPM range and info on the drone inside the cabin or not. I'm still looking for full 3" for the 955 and all I've settled on so far is the 3" 2ndary bypass pipes.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:39 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
Sorry too busy to add more video now, but I can tell you that there is zero drone due to the purge resonance technology of the mufflers & sounds inside cabin are only marginally different than stock at normal RPMs, this a lower deeper burble that sounds like it should have all along. The inside sounds when driving moderatly are not much different than the way my Cayenne S sounds with just the 2nd cat delete pipes. Under WOT it is about 50% louder than stock and sounds very "SEXY" and much more like a performance vehicle. Next time my son comes over I will try to get him to film me doing some drive-byes at WOT & maybe an inside clip as well. This will be at least a few weeks off however due to my workload.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:56 AM
I added a video from B&B's website that compares Stock to New (not very good quality). The inside cabin sounds the same, but in actual life it is a little louder & deeper sound around town & normal highway driving, but when you mash the skinny pedal, she comes to life & sings a sweet song!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4064990

Old 09-09-2014, 11:19 PM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
Why does this flange appear to have an incomplete weld? That is not acceptable...

Old 09-10-2014, 03:07 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Is that Billy boat exhaust? That does look unacceptable I wouldnt have put them on my vehicle.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:12 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I'm pretty sure it's welded from the inside guys but will let Brian confirm that.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:43 AM
It is welded & machined from the other side perfectly flat.
This side is just added for processing during assembly.
If you look at the otherside you will see no gaps, and it will look like the flange & pipe is one piece. Very good quality weld & machining.
Absolutely nothing to worry about here.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:27 PM
OK, so there is no problem with them sealing.

You know, the more that I think about it, that is actually some solid engineering. That area on the flange would be the highest stress area, and it appears that they are attempting to reduce the heat affected zone from the weld in that area. That will make for much less chance of a crack. That's actually very, very smart! I've just never seen that before.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Agreed. It is a very nice approach.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:21 AM
Just got shipping confirmation on the cat bypasses and mid pipes from B&B for my 957 Turbo S. I will be sure to comment on the apparent quality.

Hey Brian, I just realized you're in Fort Lauderdale. I'm from Jupiter actually (lived there all my life) and only recently moved to PA for work. I'll keep an eye/ear out for your 957 when I'm down there visiting friends/family.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by loxxrider
Just got shipping confirmation on the cat bypasses and mid pipes from B&B for my 957 Turbo S. I will be sure to comment on the apparent quality.

Hey Brian, I just realized you're in Fort Lauderdale. I'm from Jupiter actually (lived there all my life) and only recently moved to PA for work. I'll keep an eye/ear out for your 957 when I'm down there visiting friends/family.
Great! Ill keep any eye out for you as well. Stay warm in PA.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:46 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Any updates on how this is holding up after several months? This system is the current leader of my exhaust system search. Can't see anything wrong with it from your earlier reviews.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Nope, no issues what so ever, Love it still, and don't see anything that I would like better.