Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

AC Water Dripping on my feet and driver side defogger is bad!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:41 PM
ultimatelurker is on a distinguished road
AC Water Dripping on my feet and driver side defogger is bad!

Recently my 2006 Cayenne Turbo has been having two HVAC related issues that I would like to resolve. Hopefully somebody has had and resolved these issues...

1. Within a few minutes of AC use, ice cold water drips down from the center console side side directly onto my right foot. Not just a few drops but an actual trickle of water that soaks into my shoe. This happens especially on right hand turns.

2. The driver side of my windshield defogger seems to be faulty. After exiting the freeway and coming to a stop, my drive side window begins to fog. Hitting the defogger switch only makes the matter worse and completely fogs my windshield.

I'm not sure if these are related issues or not. I have notice them this past winter season. The fogger has been bad since I purchased the car 6 months ago, the ice water is a more recent issue. I'm positive it is not leaking water from outside.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Skigod9 is on a distinguished road
The a/c drain is most likely plugged. I don't know where it is located on the cayenne, but I get cars in the shop all the time that do this find the drain ( under the car) and push a coat hanger up into it (gently).