Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Annoying TPMS Help on Loosing Communication

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 05:41 PM
VaCayenneTurbo is on a distinguished road
Annoying TPMS Help on Loosing Communication

Hey guys,

Need some advise or help if possible. On my 08 Cayenne Turbo, I have been loosing communication with all 4 TPMS from time to time. I had the same problem for a few years, and recently I replace the tires and all 4 TPMS's. The problem came back - so that is leaving me to believe that it's not the individual sensors, but possibly either the TMPS processor or hopefully a loose ground wire. Every time I start the vehicle - all works well. But on occasion, while I'm riding down the road I get a warning and all four tires are showing --. I use the navigation to select tire change and sometimes that works, some times it doesn't. When I turn the vehicle off, it usually corrects itself and no more problems until the next event. Some times when I "get on the throttle", the same problem. Can anyone tell me where the TPMS processor would be located on my vehicle and where it's grounded? Also, if there may be some other things that I could check - please let me know... Thanks for any help or advise.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
tpms unit is situated on foot handbrake pedal mount, grey box up there. I think you should check errors before touch wiring...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0237.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	371714  
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
I know this thread is old, but this happened to me the other night. Parked my GTS in a parking garage and came back 3 hours later, started it up and as I started driving I got a warning about a possible change in tires. I checked to make sure all my rims were there (ha ha!) and they were --- so it wasn't a case of the tires being missing. The whole drive home every time I came to a stop the console would beep with the same warning (forgot to take a picture). I went through the menu to enter the tire type (size, season, etc) it would just ignore it.

Started the truck the next day and it gave me the warning, but within 30 second of driving it cleared itself and hasn't happened again. Wondering if this is just a glitch? I know that I would get the same warnings when I switched to my winter tires (no TPMS) but otherwise nothing else changed...