Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Compressor Pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 12:16 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Compressor Pump

For those of you that have a failed compressor pump or one that is filling too slowly I just want you to know that the VW rebuild kit works great. I bought mine through Suncoast Porsche for $350.

The process was pretty straight forward. Sorry I didn't take photos. I'm just an average do-it-yourselfer and found it to be pretty easy.

The compressor is just behind the front passenger side wheel. You need to take off the long plastic undercarriage cover that is just inside of the sill. I think there were about six or seven screws holding it on. The wheel well plastic cover can probably stay on but I took out the bottom three screws for access. As soon as the long cover comes off, you'll see the compressor.

Three long bolts hold up a bracket that supports the pump. Take those out and the pump drops down. A few small bolts hold the two halves of the pump together (the kit comes with the compressor half). You'll need to disconnect a few hoses before you can continue. They are press-in plastic pieces. Just use a flat blade screwdriver to push the rings in a little and the hoses slide out. One hose is in a metal sleeve. A small bolt needs to be removed to let that one slide out. You'll understand when you see it.

When the pump 1/2 is out, you'll need to install a new o-ring in the new pump side and a new plastic guide in the older half of the pump. Easy stuff. Screw it all back together, reattach the lines (BE CAREFUL with putting force on the 90 degress pieces. Mine are 9 years old so one snapped. That's a $95 hose!!!!

Test it before you put the covers back on. I couldn't believe how much faster the car goes up and down now!

If anybody needs clarification, let me know. I wrote this in 5 min! Well worth it to DIY. Saved myself $650. Quoted $1000.