Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

08 Cayenne tuned flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 04:05 PM
AnhNamNgheo is on a distinguished road
08 Cayenne tuned flash

Hello,
My car had ran out of warranty and I am looking for a tune on my S.
I had the BMC air filters and the full custom exhaust.
I was thinking about VR tuned vs EVOM.
Anyone used VR Tuned yet?
I seen plenty of reviews on EVOM but not VR Tuned for the Cayenne S.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:08 PM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
go evoms

Old 04-21-2014, 01:24 PM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
You might want to consider Softronic as well.
I installed this on both of my 957's & recommend it highly!

Old 04-21-2014, 04:25 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mrbrianc
You might want to consider Softronic as well.
I installed this on both of my 957's & recommend it highly!
DO NOT GO WITH SOFTRONIC. I will be writing a comprehensive review of their product and customer service shortly after I get a few things taken care of first.

Do yourself a favor, spend money on a quality tune the first time around. You get what you pay for.

Last edited by DirtyVegas; 04-21-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
DO NOT GO WITH SOFTRONIC. I will be writing a comprehensive review of their product and customer service shortly after I get a few things taken care of first.

Do yourself a favor, spend money on a quality tune the first time around. You get what you pay for.
What would a quality tune be?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:14 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AnhNamNgheo
What would a quality tune be?
That is the QUESTION. You normally wouldn't know if tune is doing something bad unless something obvious happens such as the car malfunctioning (my case). Other ways to determine are dyno sessions and data logging, which normally are not necessary, but can prove to be useful.

It is in my opinion that the company you choose is more important than the tune itself or what it promises. Because most of the time the tunes do mostly the same thing, but what matters IMHO is what type of support you get (non in my case) when things don't work out.

I would recommend to base your decision on the following: Local support and money back guarantee. If a company is willing to stand behind their product and provide a money back guarantee, then I would consider that tune to be one that is viewed as quality by its vendor. Softronic does neither. With Softronic you buy at your own risk.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Hello,
My car had ran out of warranty and I am looking for a tune on my S.
I had the BMC air filters and the full custom exhaust.
I was thinking about VR tuned vs EVOM.
Anyone used VR Tuned yet?
I seen plenty of reviews on EVOM but not VR Tuned for the Cayenne S.
I would check out GIAC, as they offer a complete ECU remap (as opposed to piggyback unit). They have a few dealers in Texas.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
That is the QUESTION. You normally wouldn't know if tune is doing something bad unless something obvious happens such as the car malfunctioning (my case). Other ways to determine are dyno sessions and data logging, which normally are not necessary, but can prove to be useful.

It is in my opinion that the company you choose is more important than the tune itself or what it promises. Because most of the time the tunes do mostly the same thing, but what matters IMHO is what type of support you get (non in my case) when things don't work out.

I would recommend to base your decision on the following: Local support and money back guarantee. If a company is willing to stand behind their product and provide a money back guarantee, then I would consider that tune to be one that is viewed as quality by its vendor. Softronic does neither. With Softronic you buy at your own risk.

I started looking into Softronic and when I couldn"t get customer service BEFORE the sale I knew it wasn't looking good. At minumum they should provide you with a base tune that works and at least 1 revision.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:57 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Bummer to hear about Softronic. I was going to purchase a tune from them very soon.

When I called Softronic I got a lady that didnt know much about tunes or technical questions. Maybe Scott was out of town at the time.

DirtyVegas, are you sure your problems are tune related?

Last edited by dgreen78; 04-22-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:46 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
Well I can only comment on my experience, but I got great customer service from Scott at Softronic both before the sale & after. I did get a base tune & a copy of the tune file. I have had no problems on either vehicle & both run excellent & the tunes are awesome. The tune does require you to be able to follow directions to a tee for everything to work out right, but in both cases mine worked out great the first time. Just paying more for something doesn't make it a better product. This is just software & you are paying for development costs that were done on it in many cases a long time ago. At least with the softronic tune you also get a Durametric cable as well if you don't already have one & if you do, the the price is even lower by $100.
I posted my review on my CTTS here after the install:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lled-ctts.html

Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks. I am not sure why EVOM tune are $1800 and a reflash back will cost $200.
Softronic & VR Tuned will be $1000 less and you can tuned or revert back to OEM flash without removing the ECU and send back to EVOM.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes, I am aware of your review of the Tune on your 956 TT-S. It was the reason why I purchased the Softronic tune for my car. Although your review was not very technical you did seem to be happy with it. Your Tune also seemed to work fine on your first install. On my 957 CTT with DFI engine the Tune did not work correctly right after the install. I got absolutely no support, no guidance, and no work-out scenario other than being told that I should have no problems. In fact, Scott is currently ignoring my emails...

The test of the product and service is not when things go as intended, but when they do not and how it is handled. My case has been severely mishandled and I am stuck with a bad piece of software.

As stated earlier, I will have a comprehensive review of this product shortly.

Originally Posted by mrbrianc
Well I can only comment on my experience, but I got great customer service from Scott at Softronic both before the sale & after. I did get a base tune & a copy of the tune file. I have had no problems on either vehicle & both run excellent & the tunes are awesome. The tune does require you to be able to follow directions to a tee for everything to work out right, but in both cases mine worked out great the first time. Just paying more for something doesn't make it a better product. This is just software & you are paying for development costs that were done on it in many cases a long time ago. At least with the softronic tune you also get a Durametric cable as well if you don't already have one & if you do, the the price is even lower by $100.
I posted my review on my CTTS here after the install:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lled-ctts.html

Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 AM
I would choose VR by Vivid Racing. They are an active board sponsor and offer real-time help. In fact, Dan from Vivid has been helping me with my Tune issue more than Scott... and Vivid doesn't even sell Softronic anymore. Between the two I recommend VR. Vivid Racing is a stand up company. I should have gone the VR route...

Thanks. I am not sure why EVOM tune are $1800 and a reflash back will cost $200.
Softronic & VR Tuned will be $1000 less and you can tuned or revert back to OEM flash without removing the ECU and send back to EVOM.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute

I want to weigh in here that Softronic is a vendor with a great reputation on the boards and I have personally ran two of their Cayenne Turbo tunes to great effect.

Besides their great reputation, they are also a vendor, so they deserve the benefit of doubt here.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 04-22-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear of your issues. I don't know what has transpired here so I wont comment given only one side of the story here. But I would like to correct you my CTTS is a 957 & DFI also, No such thing as a 956. I kept my review non-technical because it was long enough as is, if any technical details were wanted anyone could have asked.
With the tune instructions there are very clear direction included on what needs to be done if an (expected) error happens after the install. What you did or didn't do or who's fault your issue is, is between you & Softronic.
You can read all about the Softronic/Vivid relationship here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-no-vivid.html
Sounds to me like there was some very un-happy people with VR judging by this thread.

Again sorry to hear of your issues, hope you get it resolved. But my 2 experiences (before & after the sale) were both very positive & I love the tunes. You issue seems to be in the minority as there are many happy with Softonic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08 Cayenne tuned flash