Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone used a Cosmo Racing Cayenne Cold Air Intake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 07:40 PM
KTI
KTI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TurboVR6
Thanks... Does this look right? Of course I still need the filters.

1' Mandrel Bent Aluminum 45° Bend, 3.0"

3.0" Silicone 45° Elbow, Black

T-Bolt Clamp for 3.0" Silicone Parts
Looks about right.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:42 PM
KTI
KTI is on a distinguished road
Here's my setup for reference. On the aluminum tube I used a hack saw to cut to length, then used a file to clean up the edge then make sure all the metal flakes are cleaned off.

Picture shown how the unit is shaped.

Then once its installed and then with the original engine covers. Looks oem and hidden away. The sound is much better. Window open yes good sound, windows up the insulation is so good I can barely hear it, maybe its the music lol.

I didn't make a custom heat shield yet. I used an OBDII plug in gauge and monitored the intake temperature. When moving there was no difference in air temp shielded vs. unshielded. Approx. a 20F difference between intake temp and ambient temp. Long idle in traffic my intake temp is about 140F, moving 20F above ambient +/- 5F.

I considered opening the bumper vents and routing the air filter to the vents for more cold air, but from my findings with the OBDII didn't seem to be worth the effort for maybe a few degrees different as the filter was getting fresh air from the headlights while moving.

Last edited by KTI; 08-25-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:19 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I was looking at the Cosmo turbo set up and unless they used the wrong pic I'm not seeing how what they posted will work. I just ordered some parts from Amazon based on a fellow user's experience here. He no longer has the CTT but he made larger filters fit and was able to use 4" tubing until the elbow just going into the MAF housing. Not sure when I'm going to have time to get it in there because it'll take a little fiddling cutting the aluminum elbow to fit just right.

But I'll try to remember to post something up here when I get it done.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:33 AM
TurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud of
Thanks KTI for the pictures. Just placed my order total cost of $170

Last edited by TurboVR6; 08-26-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:11 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
OK so for all of you who have put in a CAI what did you end up doing with the air fitting that goes to the back of the passenger side airbox? I'm going to throw a little filter element of some kind on it for now. I can't tell from the parts diagram what the hose goes to.

Mine is in and it was a pretty easy job overall. Only took about an hour and a half total and that was with having to cut a 90 degree elbow in half. I'm gonna get cleaned up and go for a quick drive. Will try to remember to take some pics and if anyone is interested I can get you part numbers too.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:48 PM
TurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jdubbya
OK so for all of you who have put in a CAI what did you end up doing with the air fitting that goes to the back of the passenger side airbox? I'm going to throw a little filter element of some kind on it for now. I can't tell from the parts diagram what the hose goes to.

Mine is in and it was a pretty easy job overall. Only took about an hour and a half total and that was with having to cut a 90 degree elbow in half. I'm gonna get cleaned up and go for a quick drive. Will try to remember to take some pics and if anyone is interested I can get you part numbers too.
The fitting is only on the turbo models. I have all the parts to install mine just need to find the time. Did you have to remove the fender liner to un-hook the air ducking at the bottom of the box?

Old 09-05-2016, 05:40 PM
The fitting is only on the turbo models. I have all the parts to install mine just need to find the time. Did you have to remove the fender liner to un-hook the air ducking at the bottom of the box?
Yeah I kinda figured it was a turbo only thing after seeing the pics KTI posted. I suppose I can figure out how to tap the aluminum elbow.

I was able to get in beside the stock airbox with a big screwdriver and pry the inlet off the box. The hardest part of the whole job was probably getting the silicone elbow onto the MAF fitting. I ended up slitting the end of the hose up about 1/2". The lip on the MAF housing is a good 1-1/2" so plenty of room to get the clamp above the split.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:07 AM
Yeah I kinda figured it was a turbo only thing after seeing the pics KTI posted. I suppose I can figure out how to tap the aluminum elbow.

I was able to get in beside the stock airbox with a big screwdriver and pry the inlet off the box. The hardest part of the whole job was probably getting the silicone elbow onto the MAF fitting. I ended up slitting the end of the hose up about 1/2". The lip on the MAF housing is a good 1-1/2" so plenty of room to get the clamp above the split.
Thanks for the tip. How does it sound?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the tip. How does it sound?
It sounds pretty wild actually. Went from never hearing any induction noise or the diverter valves to basically hearing it ALL. I swear I can hear the injectors squirting fuel in. Well maybe not but it is pretty fun to hear. It's not that loud, just different noises that were completely muffled by the stock intake.

I haven't had a chance to get out and play with it much, weather here has been wet pretty much all week. My totally unofficial yet highly uncalibrated butt dyno says there is a bit more power on tap now. But it usually feels that way after doing a mod. I'll know better when I can get somewhere and do some more aggressive take offs and see what the 0-60 times are looking like.

Oh and interestingly user SeattleTurbo who gave me the part numbers didn't think a heat shield was needed based on his past experience with his former CTT and other turbo cars. The intake temps according to my P3 gauge seem to back up his theory. My intake temps have been running 3-5 degrees above outside temp since doing this which is about the same they were before.

So if anyone is interested I can snap some pics and give you parts info. Total cost is well less than $200 and a couple hours tops if you are handy at all.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm going to install mine soon.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 AM
williamsonoma is an unknown quantity at this point
would the cosmo cai work with 957 gts?

Old 09-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Went to install mine today and ran into a problem. My mass air is not 3" when I went to install the 3" 45 elbow its to big I need a 2 3/4 to 3" has anyone ran into this? Mine is not a Turbo

Name:  mass%20air_zpsv5fbve64.jpg
Views: 1619
Size:  181.3 KB

Old 09-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Went to install mine today and ran into a problem. My mass air is not 3" when I went to install the 3" 45 elbow its to big I need a 2 3/4 to 3" has anyone ran into this? Mine is not a Turbo

Looks like a totally different fitting. On my turbo it was just slightly larger than 3", I used a 3" to 4" 90 degree silicone elbow. It was tight but it fit.

Edit: Did you try it on there? The hose should be 3" ID so it might actually be pretty close. That only leaves about 1/8" gap around it which the hose clamp should seal well.

Last edited by jdubbya; 09-15-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:55 AM
Looks like a totally different fitting. On my turbo it was just slightly larger than 3", I used a 3" to 4" 90 degree silicone elbow. It was tight but it fit.

Edit: Did you try it on there? The hose should be 3" ID so it might actually be pretty close. That only leaves about 1/8" gap around it which the hose clamp should seal well.
Yes, it was way to big. I'm guessing the turbo ones are larger.

Old 09-17-2016, 04:12 AM
I received the correct size elbow's 2.75 - 3" and got them installed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone used a Cosmo Racing Cayenne Cold Air Intake?