Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

"Security Wheel Bolt Adapter"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:09 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gh0stman
Still better than 1:million. Did you have any luck in getting them off?
No, ended up with issues with water in the sub woofer in the back and trying to figure that out! I couldn't find a 19mm 12 point socket either. I think I might have one but if not I'll pick up a cheap one. Should just be able to pound it on there and take it off.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:13 PM
mshimon is on a distinguished road
Well, too bad the dealer wasn't super helpful either. I hope your new set works out.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:08 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mshimon
Well, too bad the dealer wasn't super helpful either. I hope your new set works out.
The closest dealer to me is over an hour away so would have to plan it on a Saturday as I don't have time during the week to get there.

I'm guessing.... but I'd bet I got the new socket and four new bolts for less than what I would have paid for just the socket at the dealer. Maybe not but my time is worth a lot to me too.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:54 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
I feel your pain on the dealer location the 3 closest to me are all 2 hours away in all 3 directions.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:12 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
What I would advise to all Porsche owners is to look at your key, on the inside, because that is where the key number is located. Write it down in your file and keep it for emergencies. There is no visible indication as to what wheel key you have - you have to look on the inside. I also advise purchasing a second one that you keep in your garage or special place in case your tire or body shop loses yours as mine did. That way you don't have to wait until you can drive hours to your closest Porsche dealer. With the key number, you can buy one anytime.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:42 AM
I got the new set from ECS so decided to try getting the old ones off last night so I could go get a tire balance done. I bought a 19mm 12 point socket but that didn't hold long and just started rounding the head off. I took a standard 19mm socket though and was able to pound it on there and get them all off. Not a big deal really. I'll order up a new "extra" socket just to be sure, but when I put the black bolts on I won't need them anymore anyway. Just wanted to update. Not a very secure "security" adapter after all.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:33 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mshimon
The dealer has done everything they can. It's the owner's responsibility to know what they need. If he chooses to wait weeks, "pound" it/them off instead of getting the proper key.... that's on him also. No pity party.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
The dealer has done everything they can. It's the owner's responsibility to know what they need. If he chooses to wait weeks, "pound" it/them off instead of getting the proper key.... that's on him also. No pity party.
The dealer did nothing except answer my question which was all I allowed them to do.

No pity party wanted or needed thank you. As I explained earlier in this thread the closest dealer to me is over an hour away and I don't have time to make it there during the week. Didn't want to waste the better part of Saturday to drive over there and figure it out.

The solution to "pound" them off was my practical solution since I was able to get a new set of four and adapter socket for most likely less than a new socket would be from the dealer. Problem solved.