Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Leistung Bypass = Fail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 03:49 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mbagge01
I have had the same issue happen with the hangers breaking on both of my bypass pipes from them and have had them welded twice, still breaking. I contacted them about the issue and they said they would send me out new pipes with the new design, but it has been over 2 months and no sign of the pipes showing up and no response from them after multiple attempts to contact them. I am upset with their products and customer service.
I wouldn't count on Rob doing anything to fix the issue unfortunately. I would take it to a local shop and see if they can weld on new hangers. Too bad that Rob will never stand behind his product, but history shows it so. If all else fails you might want to think about ordering a new set from Hank. Sad but true.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:12 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
I sent Hanksville an email to see what they're willing to do about it. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.

The re-welding idea seems reasonable, except i) it shouldn't be necessary; and ii) changes are very likely it will just crack again since the bracket rod is far too brittle for the application.

Given that, what are anyones' experiences with the other bypass pipe vendors like FVD and Fabspeed, to name a few? I know Fabspeed had problems with their hanger's clearances; has that been fixed now?

Old 09-13-2014, 04:20 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by spooltime
I sent Hanksville an email to see what they're willing to do about it. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.

The re-welding idea seems reasonable, except i) it shouldn't be necessary; and ii) changes are very likely it will just crack again since the bracket rod is far too brittle for the application.

Given that, what are anyones' experiences with the other bypass pipe vendors like FVD and Fabspeed, to name a few? I know Fabspeed had problems with their hanger's clearances; has that been fixed now?
Hank has redone the work and design. Totally different hanger design now. I doubt he will do much seeing as you bought them from Rob. I can't say I blame him. Not really his deal. But if you ask him maybe he would be willing to set you up with the new style hangers that you could go have installed. I hate to say this but it may not matter as I have also heard of the Leistung pipes themselves cracking due to bad welds. But ya never know.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Waitin4Dv is on a distinguished road
Fvd

I have fvd and so far everything is good but there exhaust hangers or hanger is to long and hits the frame so you have to cut it down a bit. I think paying all this money for some simple pipes you think they would be perfect. Other then that I'm happy with the sound and quality

Old 09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Waitin4Dv
I have fvd and so far everything is good but there exhaust hangers or hanger is to long and hits the frame so you have to cut it down a bit. I think paying all this money for some simple pipes you think they would be perfect. Other then that I'm happy with the sound and quality
The new design from Hanksville is spot on. Other than being labeled wrong the pipes and hangers all fit very well. But I agree about the price part. I still think, even though Hank charges less than most, it still seems steep for a couple pipes with a flange and hangers. But, on the other hand, we are all paying the prices so I don't blame them a bit.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:33 PM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
Okay, I'm adding Hanksville to my preferred vendor list.

I contacted them about the cracked hangers on my Leistung pipes and they have indicated they will send me a replacement set to swap in exchange for the defective ones. This is awesome customer service, given that they don't really have any responsibility for the shoddy Leistung parts since they're a separate company. I don't even mind that I'll have to do another R&R and then ship the duds back to them. I assume they can use the returned parts to install proper hangers on. I'll post more details when the replacements arrive.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Okay, I'm adding Hanksville to my preferred vendor list.

I contacted them about the cracked hangers on my Leistung pipes and they have indicated they will send me a replacement set to swap in exchange for the defective ones. This is awesome customer service, given that they don't really have any responsibility for the shoddy Leistung parts since they're a separate company. I don't even mind that I'll have to do another R&R and then ship the duds back to them. I assume they can use the returned parts to install proper hangers on. I'll post more details when the replacements arrive.
Excellent. You will notice better quality on the new ones, especially the hangers. Hank is proving to be one stand-up dude. I like that.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:07 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Thats good to see someone step up and put customer satisfaction over a sale.