Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Air Suspension Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 12:51 PM
bonemechanic is on a distinguished road
Air Suspension Problems

I have a 2006 CTTS with 47000 miles. I started to notice that the ride was getting rough at times. Far more then sports mode. Then started getting the Air Suspension CEL after the car ran for a few minutes. After I drive and park the front looks "Slammed" while the rear is Normal. It will adjust the height both front and rear.
Has anyone had this problem. I see that you can repair or replace the pump and it fixes a few problems. I have a durametric but haven't checked any codes for this.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:11 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Over time the pump gets tired and cant compress the air like it used to. I would also give the air lines and airbags a good once over to check for leaks to rule out other issues.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:15 AM
With the hard ride I was thinking it could be the air bags. What would I look for with the airbags to see if they need replacing?

Old 09-10-2014, 12:21 PM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
I would say set it to the highest setting and check all 4 bags for leaks with either a small piece of paper or maybe some powder.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonemechanic
With the hard ride I was thinking it could be the air bags. What would I look for with the airbags to see if they need replacing?
Doubtful.. I have yet to see an airbag replacement on these boards. Why not connect your Durametric instead of guessing?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:19 PM
wintermute is on a distinguished road
Supposedly there are solenoid valve seals too that can wear. My 06' CTTS has 175k miles and is still on it's original airbags, these seem better quality than previous Audi ones i've had in the past.

The durametric cable should give you any readouts, i just tried to lower mine with a durametric and it crapped out on it's initial assessment of the heights. Suffice it to say it threw a code that the duramatric couldn't clear and left my front right suspension about 1 inch lower than the rest. And that was before i'd even got into the system.

The dealer is looking at it today so hopefully nothing major, but just be careful.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:35 PM
RKD in OKC is on a distinguished road
Using tools like the durametric or PIWIS to read and calibrate sensors on the car is VERY voltage dependent. The ride height sensors output a voltage. You shouldn't try recalibrating unless the vehicle is hooked up to some sort of battery charger to insure proper system voltages.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Ok I Found my Durametric Cable and read the code. 1708 Mechanical sensor failure.
After I put the level control at the Highest Setting (special)
The car would go all the way up. Then the Drivers side would start dropping. Hiss Hiss/ Checked the sensor on that side.
I had put Lowering Links on the car years ago. The Link on that side was broken. Looks like dry rot where the link holds the sensor.
Does anyone have a source on a durable set of lowering links. I can just put the stock links back on but PITA.