Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Vacumn lines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 01:50 AM
mbagge01 is on a distinguished road
Vacumn lines

I was interested to get thoughts from the forum on if there is any benefit to replacing the aging vacumn and boost lines with silicone hose.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:16 AM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
There is absolutely a benefit to that, peace of mind. It's preventative maintenance at its best! That said, the value to you will depend on how good your current lines are. I always replace the rubber on the 15+ year old cars in my collection with silicone hoses when possible. It just eliminates one more potential mode of failure.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:33 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Loxx is right. If they start leaking various parts will start acting funny, and not the good way.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:44 PM
CALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really nice
ECS Tuning

I had ask our great supplier to see if a package can be done and he has created one for all the hoses (I have a 2005 CTT).

Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 PM
I would be interested in that package when it is avaliable

Originally Posted by CALMOTION
I had ask our great supplier to see if a package can be done and he has created one for all the hoses (I have a 2005 CTT).

Old 09-16-2014, 03:02 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Im not sure what all will mess up on the porsche when various parts loose vacuum, but I know my truck will loose 4wd, cruise control, ability to change vents from anywhere but the windshield

Old 09-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
We created the a kit for the boost hoses, but still working on a kit for the vacuum hoses. I will keep you posted when we have them done

Old 09-19-2014, 09:27 PM
What is the link for your ecstuning boost hose kit for the cayenne

Old 09-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mbagge01
What is the link for your ecstuning boost hose kit for the cayenne
Click Here to view the items needed for the boost hose kit.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Please let me know when the vacumn line kit is made up for the cayenne

Old 10-05-2014, 01:56 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Click Here to view the items needed for the boost hose kit.
That kit won't work for mine with iE81 Power Kit will it? It sounds like some different parts. I'm pretty sure at least the pressure hose off the intercooler is different.

I can't believe nobody has come up with a silicone kit yet? Since I just had the driver side out again yesterday it doesn't seem like it would take more than a 90deg elbow with some straight.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jdubbya
That kit won't work for mine with iE81 Power Kit will it? It sounds like some different parts. I'm pretty sure at least the pressure hose off the intercooler is different.

I can't believe nobody has come up with a silicone kit yet? Since I just had the driver side out again yesterday it doesn't seem like it would take more than a 90deg elbow with some straight.
The IE81 boost hoses are different, and there are no silicone options yet that I'm aware of. The cost to produce the adapters is probably the main reason you haven't seen these in silicone yet.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:47 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
The IE81 boost hoses are different, and there are no silicone options yet that I'm aware of. The cost to produce the adapters is probably the main reason you haven't seen these in silicone yet.
Adapters as in to make the hoses? I did some measuring last night and am going to see if I can find something to fit. It sure looks like a pretty straightforward elbow with straight on one end. But then again I have no idea how to make a silicone hose either!