Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

sold my 05 turbo, moving to an 08 turbo, what common issues to expect or look for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:42 AM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
Thanks!

something with less than 90k miles and under $40k, black on black

no rush but I am jonesing to pull the trigger asap

Old 09-24-2014, 09:32 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Old 09-25-2014, 01:18 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
That's not a bad deal for the Turbo S.

I would rather have a regular Turbo (non S). All you need to do is get a tune and throw on the Turbo S intake manifold and you have pretty much the same thing and 10k left over in your wallet. You also don't have the high dollar rotors to frequently replace by going with the Turbo.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Maybe its just me but the wheels dont really match the body styling. To bright.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:25 PM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
pulled the trigger on an 08 turbo, picking it up Saturday. I have a few things I need to do so it matches the rest of my "fleet" (dark tint, green calipers, emblems, black wheels) but I will post pics sooner than later. EVOMS intake, IPD plenum, secondary cat delete, muffler delete and evoms diverter valves and evoms tune are being done ASAP as well.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinister05CTT
pulled the trigger on an 08 turbo, picking it up Saturday. I have a few things I need to do so it matches the rest of my "fleet" (dark tint, green calipers, emblems, black wheels) but I will post pics sooner than later. EVOMS intake, IPD plenum, secondary cat delete, muffler delete and evoms diverter valves and evoms tune are being done ASAP as well.
Congratulations! What options did you decide to go with?

Old 09-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Yowzeeeers. You're not messing around! That was quick. Congratulations! Any pictures of the new beast? Here's a link to the IPD, Click Here.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Awesome, let me know if we can help make it happen!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Pics to come. I didn't realize all the turbos didn't come with tow packages and I missed that option... especially because I bought this to tow my Wakesetter and evolution turbo wildcat lol. With that being said, what is the best aftermarket one or do I just nut up and pay for a dealer installed one? They quoted me like $2500 lol

Old 09-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't realize all the turbos didn't come with tow packages and I missed that option... especially because I bought this to tow my Wakesetter and evolution turbo wildcat lol.
Ouch. There is a factory retrofit document that tells you everything you need to add a factory hitch after the fact: including the towing ecu, wiring loom, etc.

With that being said, what is the best aftermarket one or do I just nut up and pay for a dealer installed one? They quoted me like $2500 lol
Easy.. pay the extra and get the factory OEM bumper/hitch. Is it much beefier than any aftermarket solutions I have seen.

Here is an example of what you will find for aftermarket solutions (notice gauge of metal and construction):

For reference, here is an example of a factory bumper/hitch:

Old 09-26-2014, 03:14 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
It requires a software update too doesnt it? After adding hitch and ECU.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by gh0stman
It requires a software update too doesnt it? After adding hitch and ECU.
Good point. Not quite a software update, but pretty sure you have to recode the gateway with a PIWIS to tell it that it should be trying to communicate with the new towing TCU. Otherwise, it wont know that it is part of the CANBUS network.

Not 100% on this one, but it is a logical assumption. So we will have to refer to the documentation for the final word.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:07 AM
I realize the construction is better but $2500 vs like $400 is a BIG difference and it is not like the bumper will pull off, they obviously have been tested and work... this decision is tough... that is a lot of money I would rather spend on mods than a tow package lol

Old 09-26-2014, 09:54 AM
I realize the construction is better but $2500 vs like $400 is a BIG difference and it is not like the bumper will pull off, they obviously have been tested and work... this decision is tough... that is a lot of money I would rather spend on mods than a tow package lol
I hear you and agree. However, I am paranoid when I tow and prefer all of my connection points to give me confidence when towing near the limit.

At the same time, I would probably balk too at a couple of grand for something that won't give me any performance gains.

All said, I think your best bet to find a used OEM tow bumper. PM me if you need a good salvage car locator tool.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 AM
you are right, for as much as I tow, I should make sure it is 100% perfect and the calibration needs to be done at the dealer regardless. I got them down to $2k so I guess I will just eat it.

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sold my 05 turbo, moving to an 08 turbo, what common issues to expect or look for?