Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Trouble Code Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 06:56 PM
FormulaMatt is on a distinguished road
Trouble Code Help

Hello all,

I just got my car back together after replacing my coolant pipes. It seems my luck is poor as now my cardan shaft bearing is down under flopping around. I wanted to take the car for a test drive anyway after doing the pipes so I babied it around a bit to make sure it seemed ok. It ran up to operating temp fine and was very smooth. I decided to take it on the highway to check running at highway speeds. I babied it up to speed to make the shaft stay as calm as possible through about 65...then I slowly started to speed up planning on taking it to around 70 or so...then all the sudden I get a workshop failure...I can't remember which one as it went away very quick and the check engine light was on and the gas pedal was non-responsive. I pulled to the berm, and turned off the car and then back on...then it was fine but with the check engine light on. I drove it the rest of the way home and it was fine again. I did not try and push it at all and stayed right around 65. I got home pulled the codes and came up with a "P1508 Torque Comparison Function Monitor - Signal Implausible".

I have read onb the code and it ranges from bad MAF, to to DME is bad, to knock detected. The last one has me wondering...if when I started to accelerate the shaft knocked a bit, could the engine have detected it as an engine knock?

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks! Also, I have my replacement shaft on the way...should be here monday or so... Thanks!

Old 09-19-2014, 12:49 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately the P0XXX are generic OBD codes and may not be accurate to specific vendors. Using a standard OBD reader will also only show codes that will be emissions related; meaning you most likely have more codes stored.

In this case, you need all of the computer codes read out to get a better idea of what is going on. You can do this by either getting a Durametric cable or getting the codes read by a Porsche Indy mechanic or dealer.

Please post these codes once acquired.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. Who has the best deal for a Durametric cable? Is it something I hoop to my laptop and download software for?

Thanks again.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:15 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Look here. http://www.durametric.com/ . I think you can only buy from them or their distributors. No deals, but a steal at what they charge IMO.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Well, I got the new drive shaft on. I also found under the hood one of my tubes leading from the Y-Pipe for the MAF into the TB had came off of the intake hose from the air filter box and the clamp is somehow missing too. Not sure how that happened. Fixed and clamped down tight now.

I took it out for a spin and she seems back to normal now. Started off easy doing 55-75 slow pulls but still making it build boost. Then did one 65-90 pull and it went perfect. No codes, no shakes, nothing. So hopefully it was either that pipe that was loose or the cardan shaft flopping around. If it comes back on I will dig further.

I still want to get a Durametric cable, can someone point me to the best deal for one? I saw the Durametric site and will buy from there if need be. Any sponsors sell one?