Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Teaser: New Project in Progress...Want to venture a guess?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 12:24 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

U da man

Old 09-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the amount of research and work going into making new boost hoses (pipes) and larger side mount intercoolers for the Cayenne.

I am going all out on this build and everything will be top notch; no exceptions.

Because at least one good friend knew about this from inception, I have agreed to make him a set since their will not be anything else on the market for the Cayenne that will be comparable when all said and done. I have all the parts and entering the final stages of mockup.

With that said, I will be making a limited run of only 3 sets (intercoolers, lower boost hose, upper boost hose, henn coupling adapters, etc) and will put up a post in the classified when available. Of course any gains will be quantified with data (dyno or vbox or both). Feel free to send me a PM if you are interested since I anticipate them to go quickly on a first-come basis.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 09-28-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:56 PM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Talking

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the amount of research and work going into making new boost hoses (pipes) and larger side mount intercoolers for the Cayenne.

I am going all out on this build and everything will be top notch; no exceptions.

Because at least one good friend knew about this from inception, I have agreed to make him a set since their will not be anything else on the market for the Cayenne that will be comparable when all said and done. I have all the parts and entering the final stages of mockup.

With that said, I will be making a limited run of only 3 sets (intercoolers, lower boost hose, upper boost hose, henn coupling adapters, etc) and will put up a post in the classified when available. Of course any gains will be quantified with data (dyno or vbox or both). Feel free to send me a PM if you are interested since I anticipate them to go quickly on a first-come basis.
Hey Kent,

I'm very interested to see what you will come up with. I'm also redoing all intake, turbo, intercooler piping and it will be interesting to compare them.

Keep up the excellent work man.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Will sure be very interested in your results. Nice to see people have ability to do projects like that. I hope to have time for such endavors one day.
Be sure to tell us how it affected the car. thanks.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Subscribed

Old 11-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT VIPER
I'm very interested to see what you will come up with. I'm also redoing all intake, turbo, intercooler piping and it will be interesting to compare them.

Keep up the excellent work man.
Cool man, right on! If you are doing SMICs, then I feel your pain right now. Weren't you thinking about watercooled intercoolers? Unless you do one large intercooler that blocks some flow to the radiator, I am not sure how you can make it work.

Space is incredibly tight in the front of the Cayenne - even with your widebody kit.

Originally Posted by ciaka
Will sure be very interested in your results. Nice to see people have ability to do projects like that. I hope to have time for such endavors one day.
Sometimes you have to build the plane while you are flying. Time is a commodity for sure.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Update:

I had to switch gears for a couple of weekends to take care of some maintenance issues. Maintenance is never convenient, never fun, and almost always takes more time than expected.

Even so, here are a few picture updates of the meticulous mockup process to whet everyone's appetite.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:23 AM
Wow Kent, you're doing hell of a job of the mockup process which is the most important step in fitting custom intercoolers.

I'm also doing twin side mount intercooler setup and the problem I come across is not fitting large size intercoolers in the front fascia but finding the space to run the piping from intercooler to the intake. I think I can fit 16" x 12" intercooler core on the sides. I'm trying to fit the even larger 18" x 12.1" cores. The Garrett intercooler core sizing is very limited in size options.

There is almost no space to run the piping from the intercooler to the intake. I can not go behind the headlight unit. There is almost no space around the front wheel to let me run custom piping. We'll see how that goes.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:39 AM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Looking good Kent

Old 11-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Wow Kent, you're doing hell of a job of the mockup process which is the most important step in fitting custom intercoolers.
Thanks - for sure this is the most nerve-racking part since I have to be within about 1/4" tolerance without having major fitment issues with the stock bumper, fender liner, etc.

A lot work is going into the jigs and repeatability since I have to make sure that anyone that purchases my ICs will not have an issue.

I'm also doing twin side mount intercooler setup and the problem I come across is not fitting large size intercoolers in the front fascia but finding the space to run the piping from intercooler to the intake.
The inlet and outlet piping is by far the tightest part to run due to everything else being in the way...primarily the radiator core and headlight housing.

I think I can fit 16" x 12" intercooler core on the sides. I'm trying to fit the even larger 18" x 12.1" cores.
Wow.. there is no way I could fit that size in. I am struggling with something that is an inch thicker and 1/2" wider. I guess you have more room with the wide body kit you made. I have to deal with OEM tolerances.

The Garrett intercooler core sizing is very limited in size options.
Yes, I looked long and hard at Garrett cores and came to the conclusion that their sizes is really made for horizontal row cooling for large FMIC guys. If you vertical row cooling for SMICs, then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Bell has alot of vertical row cooling options, however, there IC technology is a little behind and last-gen.

There is almost no space to run the piping from the intercooler to the intake. I can not go behind the headlight unit. There is almost no space around the front wheel to let me run custom piping. We'll see how that goes.
Yes sir... Welcome to my world!!

Originally Posted by BG305
Looking good Kent
Thanks man! Working hard here to have something the Cayenne community really needs. Proper top of the line intercooler options.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:46 PM
lupo.sk is on a distinguished road
woooow man, nice work!!!
I was contemplating larger ICs when I was building my 06 TTS, but the TTS IC seemed good enough for 700ish hp. my car's going for a remap tomorrow, can't wait.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:24 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lupo.sk
woooow man, nice work!!!
I was contemplating larger ICs when I was building my 06 TTS, but the TTS IC seemed good enough for 700ish hp. my car's going for a remap tomorrow, can't wait.
Noticed from you screen name that over from rennlist that someone referred to your car as one of the fastest cayenne on that forum. Do you mind saying what your turbo kit consists of and do you have a built motor? if I'm mistaken than my apologies.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:56 AM
How is the work coming along? Coming from you, I'm sure it's nothing less than perfect.

We need some sneak pics..

Old 02-22-2015, 07:17 AM
Boosted955 is on a distinguished road
Why don't you have custom sizes made instead of finding a core to build off of?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Boosted955
Why don't you have custom sizes made instead of finding a core to build off of?
The assumption here is that I am not satisfied with the size cores I bought and I would benefit from a custom sized core (as per design specs). Neither of which is true, so there is no point in sourcing a custom size core. Unless I want to unnecessarily raise the cost of components

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser: New Project in Progress...Want to venture a guess?