Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Bypass install fitment issues suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 08:27 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BG305
Nice! When you get a chance post a vid. Thanks
Will do. I will be taking it back in approx. 2 weeks to swap out the supersport exhaust for the SR-1 just for comparison sake and so Hank has sounds/video of both systems on a car.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:30 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Nice! I went with the 3" from the turbos back and the SR1 muffler.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Nice! I went with the 3" from the turbos back and the SR1 muffler.
Cool, I'll be interested to hear the SR-1 as well. I already had downpipes so that's the only HHR product I'm not running, but they still exit in a 3".

Old 10-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Now I just need Hank to fab some tips up for me.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Now I just need Hank to fab some tips up for me.
He has gotten a lot of requests for tips....he discussed the possibility of adding something tip-wise to the line up given the demand and lack of good options.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Do you know of any shops offering the 3" tips?

Old 10-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Do you know of any shops offering the 3" tips?
I don't, I went with Fabspeed because they were a huge improvement over stock, plus my last muffler shop welded my stock turbo tips to the pipes, thus rendering them not easily re-useable, The fabspeeds are only 2.5" but they are a very nice 2.5", given no choke points, but one of the best things for at the time was that they were in stock and in hand in 3 days

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 10-30-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have Hank send reducers so I can use the stocks until he fabs up the 3".

Old 10-31-2014, 05:32 AM
TurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really nice
Has anyone ever done the bypass and said it's just too loud for an SUV and put the cats back on? I'm looking for a better sound but not something loud or raspy. Maybe a little less than a mustang GT stock.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:31 AM
Just go with the secondary cat delete and stock muffler.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:32 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
What's in the picture is considered an H-pipe. I'm pretty sure porsche was not looking at max performance also when they designed the exhaust, more like max noise reduction. The exhaust I am having fabed is a full 3" system from turbos to tips and what I am after is max performance not DB levels.
Not sure which picture you're referring to, but "X-pipe" was your description in a post above. The point is that turbos don't need an x-pipe because scavenging isn't really an issue with turbos. If Porsche's goal was, as you believe, "max noise reduction", then they probably would have added an x-pipe or h-pipe, both of which are known to mildly reduce overall sound levels. Regardless, sounds like your new system should result in improved exhaust flow for you.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by spooltime
FWIW, a crossover (x-pipe) was deliberately not used by Porsche on the Turbo Cayennes. See attached for a description of the factory exhaust systems.
You posted this with a link. I read the link and it says that Porsche only used an H-pipe in the S model. I have a Turbo model that has greater bennifit from an X-pipe as compared to an H or Y-pipe. I am attaching a link that explains the difference in the 3.

X-pipe: Mid-pipes built with a crossover, or "X" shaped design, purposely cross exhaust streams to even out flow and streamline exhaust gasses through the rest of the system. X-pipes are generally raspier and louder than H or Y-pipes and have been shown to provide slightly more power than their counterparts. You are likely to see most of the power gains higher in the rpm band with an X-pipe.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...s-x-pipes.html

Old 10-31-2014, 11:43 AM
TenaciousT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TurboSOnly
Has anyone ever done the bypass and said it's just too loud for an SUV and put the cats back on? I'm looking for a better sound but not something loud or raspy. Maybe a little less than a mustang GT stock.
I took mine off and put cats back on....was way too raspy for my liking. I have dual Magnaflows too though. Sounds much much better with cats on. I may try the resonated ones eventually.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:38 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
So what Magnaflows is everyone running? I still think mine is WAY too quiet even with the Magnaflows and secondary delete pipes.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Cold start and some light revs:

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 11-04-2014 at 07:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bypass install fitment issues suggestions?