Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Helps! With cayenne S 955

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Nofxyang is on a distinguished road
Helps! With cayenne S 955

Does anyone who can help me to answer,
If I do oil change every 3 months, is it gonna avoid the 955 engine issue? like cylinder scoring? Is there anything I can do to avoid this? 
Thanks for all your good hearts, this is really important to me, I don't want to spend a lot of money on my engine. T.T my car has a 100100 miles on it.
04 year model.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Im not sure if anyone knows the real root cause of the scoring. If it IS production tolerances, theres nothing you can do. I would suggest a block heater if you live in a colder climate so that your oil is warm on startup as that is where most engine wear occurs anyway.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Do you know how much a block heater costs?

Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Im not sure if anyone knows the real root cause of the scoring. If it IS production tolerances, theres nothing you can do. I would suggest a block heater if you live in a colder climate so that your oil is warm on startup as that is where most engine wear occurs anyway.
Thanks! I live in Denver tho. Colder than west coast but warmer than New York. I saw couple engine issue occurs in my area.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:37 PM
RKD in OKC is on a distinguished road
My tech says Porsche School says it is a combination of cold climate, cold starts, non-winter oil viscosity, and too long between oil changes.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by rkd in okc
my tech says porsche school says it is a combination of cold climate, cold starts, non-winter oil viscosity, and too long between oil changes.
Cool! thanks! what climate is consider cold? I liv e in Denver and no plan to move. 

Old 10-12-2014, 12:48 PM
RKD in OKC is on a distinguished road
I woiuld assume that as long as you follow the prescribed oil change interval and oil viscosity for temperature range that you car will see described in the Owner's Manual, you should not have a problem.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
I woiuld assume that as long as you follow the prescribed oil change interval and oil viscosity for temperature range that you car will see described in the Owner's Manual, you should not have a problem.
Well, Thanks again.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:43 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Change the oil per the owner's manual and you will be fine. All vehicles benefit from modest driving until warmed up.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:20 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
Im not sure if anyone knows the real root cause of the scoring. If it IS production tolerances, theres nothing you can do..
+1....

Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
My tech says Porsche School says it is a combination of cold climate, cold starts, non-winter oil viscosity, and too long between oil changes.
Plausible theory

Old 10-16-2014, 03:10 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Why not look at it this way. Everything tears up eventually regardless of build quality. Enjoy it and take care of it and it will last.