Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Community Request: 957 Tiptronic Transmission Computer Module [TCU]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Community Request: 957 Tiptronic Transmission Computer Module [TCU]

Ok guys,

As usual, I am always working on some new mod in the background. I have been in talks with a tuner about seeing if it is possible to perform a TCU Tiptronic upgrade on the Cayenne 957 platform.

Apparently, the software can be modified and reflashed to improve performance. This is a popular mod among the 996 and 997 Tiptronic owners.

I would expect to see much quicker shifts and higher torque limits (no need to raise RPM shift points). The time shaved off shifts will be in the tenths of seconds. But over an entire run and a handful of shifts, the time saved will be close to a second! Also, the tiptronic has torque-limiters built in under 4K RPMS or so in order to try to preserve the drive-train by limiting the amount of power given at low speeds and RPMS. By raising these limiters, you will see more more on the lowerend of the powerband of the engine! Also known as "free power" !! This will also be the closest we will ever be to coming anywhere near the PDK shift times; still much faster, but to a lesser perceivable degree (mechanically a different beast altogether).

All said, I am having a hard time finding a 957 Cayenne Turbo TCU core in order to send to this tuner to see if this is possible for our platform.

So I opted to send a callout to the community, to see if you guys know where I can get a used 957 CTT/S Transmission computer module. If so, please PM me.

Expect something similar to this if this pans out:

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-24-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Loving-it-22 is on a distinguished road
Dang, wish I knew where one was to help out. Very interested to see outcome and pricing of this. Def believe there is power and time to be had here.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Loving-it-22
Dang, wish I knew where one was to help out. Very interested to see outcome and pricing of this. Def believe there is power and time to be had here.
Thanks.. still digging. Going to give it a few more days for one to surface, then work an alternate path.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
I have one near but you are bit faraway )))

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ccb815.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	406180  
Old 12-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Ilias4s is an unknown quantity at this point
porsche 997 4s

For 997 4s tiptronic 2008 model this tcu upgrade can be done?