Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Oil in intake tract

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Loving-it-22 is on a distinguished road
Oil in intake tract

And the hits keep coming. Lol. Today, I decided to clean the mafs. When I took the drivers side maf and intake elbow off, I noticed quite a bit off oil residue in it. At first I thought that maybe these things just have a lot of blowby reverted into the intakes. So I cleaned it and put back together. But when I took the passenger side off, it didn't have any at all in it. So now I'm thinking the drivers side turbo seal is going and letting oil by it. What's weird is that I haven't see any smoke from the exhaust. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know a good source on a factory replacement turbo for an 08 ctt? Or is able to be rebuilt?

Old 10-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
The good news is that you are most overreacting a little bit. Do a search and you will find many a threads on this. This is normal on the driver side as this is where the PCV dumps the crankcase blowby oil back into the intake track. Odds are your turbo is fine. Keep calm and carry on

Old 10-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Loving-it-22 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, cart before the horse. I searched this forum after posting and happy to see others seeing the same. Funny that I couldn't find anything in a google search originally. Oh well, good news at least. Back to modding it is. Thanks man

Old 10-27-2014, 03:18 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Loving-it-22
Yeah, cart before the horse. I searched this forum after posting and happy to see others seeing the same. Funny that I couldn't find anything in a google search originally. Oh well, good news at least. Back to modding it is. Thanks man

Funny thing is I feel your pain on the google search. Can never seem to find anything until you voice concern, then info comes in floods.