Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Vredestein Sessanta Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:34 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Vredestein Sessanta Tires

Anyone using these in the North California area?
Silicon Valley/San Jose?

I had them in TX and they were the best tires I had. Not sure how they perform in the cold climate of NorCal.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:26 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
I'd hardly say NorCal is "cold", especially if you are referring to the SF Bay Area. I think you would be ok to drive these year round.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:32 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
... Lol. I'd say it's cold here though.
Already was at what, mid 40s last couple days.
Sounds cold.

Originally Posted by HOiYA
I'd hardly say NorCal is "cold", especially if you are referring to the SF Bay Area. I think you would be ok to drive these year round.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:39 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
If you are going be the daily low, that's usually in the wee hours of the morning. Unless you are driving then, the avg temps are usually in the mid 50's during the day.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:13 PM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hoiya
i'd hardly say norcal is "cold", especially if you are referring to the sf bay area. I think you would be ok to drive these year round.
exactly!

Old 11-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks. I'll be returning to these when my current set wears out. Was just checking anyone who owns them here.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ciaka
Anyone using these in the North California area?
Silicon Valley/San Jose?

I had them in TX and they were the best tires I had. Not sure how they perform in the cold climate of NorCal.
I have 20's on my 13' 640i Grand Coupe. 245 on front 285. Love them.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TSAF NKUF
exactly!
+1... clearly you have not stayed in the NE during the winters.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:56 AM
like they say where I'm from, winter in NE is for poosies. I remember living in -45 degree weather and if it snowed, and you're out, good luck to you. Without going into lengthy stories, I moved from Europe to NA, then chose to find a nice warm place. TX was it. So far, the best place I have lived. I've lived in several countries (North America, Europe and Asia).
Not unfamiliar with cold at all. Just prefer to live in hot climate in my elderly age.
Was not expecting folks get very defensive when said Northern Cali is cold. For me it is. For an Eskimo, sleeping in igloo is warm. Not so much for many of us. So it's all relative.
I was asking since I can't get good answers from folks about winter in the valley. Get as many different answers as people I ask.
Knowing breeds are summer tires strictly, I wantre to hear first hand accounts from those who have them here and use the car in winter.
Good to know some do, as I will be getting them soon again.

Thanks. O yeah. Apologies for calling Northern California cold.
It's a tropical place down here ( ...don't be hating me...).

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
+1... clearly you have not stayed in the NE during the winters.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:32 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
I've driven my CTTS Vredesteins in Northeast winters without issue. Not great in the snow but I was never in any deep snow with them. I know what they say about temperatures but i wasn't taking 1g corners on the street in the winter. Normal driving and braking felt great even in the winter. Besides with the weight of the Pepper I would imagine it's pretty easy to get some heat in the tires in reasonable NE winter temps.

Best street tires I've used ever. Quiet, smooth, and sticky. I wish they had more sizes available for other cars.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:00 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Cold..... Northern California..... Anything should be fine.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Keep the Vredestein off ice and deep snow. A cheaper alternative to the Michelin Diamaris that hooks up well on dry and wet.