Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Headlight height Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 07:14 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Headlight height Adjustment?

Does anyone know if you can use the Durametric Pro to adjust the xenon headlights? I know the dealer used PIWIS to do this last year but, they are now to low.

Thanks,

Old 11-05-2014, 03:17 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Are yours not auto adjusting?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:49 AM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
They are auto adjusting but, I need to set the home position higher.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
on the fender nx to headlights theres 2 hole. Use the one towards the front.
long 6mm hex. turn clockwise to raise beam

Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
its 6mm or 5mm i forget.
even with auto adjust you can adjust

Old 11-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Perfect, I'll take a look tomorrow. The Hex that you are referring to, isn't the same Allen Hex that removes the headlight assembly, is it?

Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 PM
the headlight removal tool has a hex on the other end....i think that's the right size. I used a different one as it wouldn't reach far enough. The hole you insert the hex has a rubber hood stop that sorta interferes so I used a different hex

Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Okay, I have tried to adjust the 6mm bolt with no success. I can turn the bolt with no adjustment (lower or higher.) Check images. I may be turning the wrong bolt.?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Entry.JPG
Views:	2866
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	407731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Identification.jpg
Views:	3718
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	407732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cheap.jpg
Views:	3326
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	407733  
Old 11-16-2014, 08:15 PM
that 1st pic is the cover to access the hex to remove the headlight housing...wrong hole
The adjustment hole is on the fender. Look at the seam where the fender meets the hood...there is 2 holes adjacent to a rubber stop to cushion the hood. It's the hole towards the front...

Old 11-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Unless I am mistaken, I believe the manual adjustment procedure is located in your owners manual. Have you checked by chance?

Old 11-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks Renaissance Man, I don't have the manual, could you provide the page or diagram on this. I would also be open to the "Service Manuel," if you have that.

Thanks for everyone help though. I will check my car tomorrow. Been working late lately and I am reminded of this issue every evening/night.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 PM
i'll go out and take some pictures for you....seriously it's very simple...unless your adjust bolt is stripped..

Old 11-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by elite1
Thanks Renaissance Man, I don't have the manual, could you provide the page or diagram on this.
You never said what year and model Cayenne you have since the owner manuals differ somewhat. Judging by past posts, it looks like you may have a MY06 Cayenne S. If so, here is a screenshot of the manual headlight adjustment procedure (below). If you PM me your email address, I can email you the complete MY06 Cayenne S owners manual in PDF format:

Old 11-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
You never said what year and model Cayenne you have since the owner manuals differ somewhat. Judging by past posts, it looks like you may have a MY06 Cayenne S. If so, here is a screenshot of the manual headlight adjustment procedure (below). If you PM me your email address, I can email you the complete MY06 Cayenne S owners manual in PDF format:
That's perfect!!

Thanks Renaissance Man. I'll get this done.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
didn't realize you were 955...sorry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headlight height Adjustment?