Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

08 GTS For Dummies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Mdeniz has a spectacular aura aboutMdeniz has a spectacular aura about
08 GTS For Dummies

Hey guys im on the market for an suv, and yesterday i test drove a black on black gts with 45k miles. The truck feels great besides some squeling when the pano roof was closing nothing seems out of order. After reading on bere for a while i learned about the coolant pipes, but is there anything else in terms of weak link i should be looking for? Also there is. 10' v6 30k miles same price, besides the obvious differences, is there a veredict on which one of these is more reliable? This will be my daily driver. Thank you for the time and space!

Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Loving-it-22 is on a distinguished road
Cardan shaft is more or less a maintenance thing on these. While the 2010 v6 will have the nicer PCM/navigation interface, the gts is a lot more truck than the v6. I would do the gts way before the v6. If you can find an 08 turbo in your price range, I would def do that instead. Either way, the gts is a sweet SUV. Love the seats on those

Old 11-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Sorry, to address your question about reliability between the two, I don't think there is much if any differences between them.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:04 AM
TurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mdeniz
Hey guys im on the market for an suv, and yesterday i test drove a black on black gts with 45k miles. The truck feels great besides some squeling when the pano roof was closing nothing seems out of order. After reading on bere for a while i learned about the coolant pipes, but is there anything else in terms of weak link i should be looking for? Also there is. 10' v6 30k miles same price, besides the obvious differences, is there a veredict on which one of these is more reliable? This will be my daily driver. Thank you for the time and space!
GTS with pano roof and sport exhaust comes standard. No brainier for me. The v6 will sound like a girly car compared to that v8 with sport exhaust. Just have a Pre Purchase Inspection so they can check any codes, driveshaft bearing, and coolant pipes. Get all maintenance history of course from dealer where it was serviced if possible of course. Have fun.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:32 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Unless I'm mistaken - the GTS has the 4.8L engine which is not plagued with the coolant pipe problems.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:24 PM
The 4.8 still has some coolant issues though not quite the same as the 4.5. The 4.8 still uses a plastic pipe from the factory, though just one. It too can split and leak much the same. The biggest coolant problem come from a water distribution along the back of the motor. Porsche uses essentially glue to hold a fitting into the aluminum part and it can leak there or worse, it can come out altogether.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Unless I'm mistaken - the GTS has the 4.8L engine which is not plagued with the coolant pipe problems.
Please see sticky here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...stributor.html