Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Maintenance for my Cayenne 06 with almost 100K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 12:06 AM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Maintenance for my Cayenne 06 with almost 100K

-Air filters
-Oil change
-Cabin filter change
-Spark Plug change
-LED interior upgrade
-Serpentine belt change
-Brake fluid change
-Wiper change (Front and Rear)
- Top off the wiper fluid with Deicing fluid.

+Reinstall Ski Racks!

I'm on the border of the Transmission fluid change. I've heard both sides of the story, good and bad from completing this task.

Need to replace the rear shocks for the rear hatch. This seems difficult. I may attempt this later on. Hatch currently doesn't stay open with ice on it.

Am I missing anything not mentioned?

Old 11-13-2014, 07:49 AM
dugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of light
Differentals and transfer case
New Battery

Old 11-13-2014, 09:11 AM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Was thinking of a new battery as I don't know when mine was last replaced.

I'll take a look to see if there is a DIY on the differential and transfer case. Seems like it may be a summer project.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:22 AM
mshimon is on a distinguished road
Check the owners manual about the de-icing fluid for the windshield. I believe the headlights require a non-deice washer fluid.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:28 PM
dugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of lightdugahole55 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by elite1
Was thinking of a new battery as I don't know when mine was last replaced.

I'll take a look to see if there is a DIY on the differential and transfer case. Seems like it may be a summer project.
I've have a 06 TTS, with 72,000 miles, purchased a couple of years ago from original owner. He had basically had the oil services done, so I went though pretty much what you are doing. I had an independant shop do plugs, filters, battery, front brakes, flush transmission. I've completed rear brakes, diff / trans oil change, and one oil service myself. The vehicle was used prior and currently only part time and for highway travel, so is in really good shape mechanically and body. Good luck and enjoy, if you are handy some of the projects are straight forward...just costly for parts. ECS Tuning has a great sellection of alternatives and OEM.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Okay, I finished the following today,

Oil change / filter
Air filters
Spark plugs
Serpentine belt change
Brake fluid change / (Had lots of air and was very dark.)
LED interior change
Wiper change Front / Rear

Need wiper fluid / Thinking new battery.

How does one know when the battery is about to fail?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3919.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	918.0 KB
ID:	407734  
Old 11-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Put a tester on it or if you notice weak starts, and dimming of lights. Check the install date anything more than 5 years is beyond typical life. Lots of DIYs for getting at battery.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by dugahole55
Put a tester on it or if you notice weak starts, and dimming of lights. Check the install date anything more than 5 years is beyond typical life. Lots of DIYs for getting at battery.
BTW, a month after you posted this, my battery went "dead."

Replaced it with a battery from "battery plus." This Battery happened to be shorter in size. It still worked though.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Hope everything else goes well for you from now on. There is great video on Rennlist to replace battery. But looks like you've pretty much have access figured out, good job.
Thanks for the update. I'm going to do cooling pipes this spring on my TTS, parts on order currently.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Congrates on your attempt.

Would love to hear your report on this after completion. I had my dealer take care of this for me as they created this issue for myself. They replaced the water pump after I noticed vibration in the center console, Regardless to what I said "Cardian shaft" they replaced the water pump inducing more coolant pressure causing my pipe failure.

If you haven't had this replacement and your at the 100K point, your about too late to the party. Grab your checkbook!

Not bad for me, a $6K visit to the dealer.

Btw, ECS has put together a nice kit, I would have chose this if I replaced this myself.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:13 AM
TurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really niceTurboSOnly is just really nice
Originally Posted by elite1
Congrates on your attempt.

Would love to hear your report on this after completion. I had my dealer take care of this for me as they created this issue for myself. They replaced the water pump after I noticed vibration in the center console, Regardless to what I said "Cardian shaft" they replaced the water pump inducing more coolant pressure causing my pipe failure.

If you haven't had this replacement and your at the 100K point, your about too late to the party. Grab your checkbook!

Not bad for me, a $6K visit to the dealer.

Btw, ECS has put together a nice kit, I would have chose this if I replaced this myself.

I'm at 92K and just had the steering column reprogrammed for 500.00, Both valve cover gaskets replaced, 750.00, and an oil change, 250.00, Had an emissions code and replaced some hoses, 375.00. Had the car for like 3 months. Hoping for not a lot more pain. Love to drive the car so still worth it. Having secondary cats bypass installed this week. That's voluntary pain. I have been wondering about preventative fluid changes like coolant and transmission, differential, etc... Mechanics said the plugs looked great while they were doing the valve cover gaskets.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Will do...I'm getting the ECS replacement kit, was going to get dealer to do the replacement but after reading up on all the posts decided to do it myself.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:00 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
I would flush your coolant and refresh, very important to keep it fresh and clean IMHO.