Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Interested in faster shifting in your Cayenne? Show your support here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Interested in faster shifting in your Cayenne? Show your support here...

Trying to rally all of the performance-oriented Cayenne 955 and 957 owners, who are interested in getting faster performance from their transmission.

Even though the Tiptronic was a great transmission in its time, it has been passed over by dual-clutch gearboxes and 8-speed automatics that defy belief. By today's transmission standards, it has not aged too gracefully.

On that note, I have enlisted the help of Scott from Softronics to look at our Aisin TR60SN TCU to see if we can have the software reprogrammed for faster upshifts, faster downshifts, and higher torque limits down low.

So far, we have had a couple of delaying setbacks, like unfamiliar chipsets and odd sockets that are difficult to work with, that may threaten the progress of this initiative.

In an effort to make sure this does not fall into the cracks, I wanted to reach out the community to show their is a desire and need for such an undertaking.

With that said, if you are genuinely interested in a Cayenne 955 /957 TCU upgrade, please show your support on this thread with a post!

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 11-17-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
You can expect similar results (plus low some gains down low) as seen in this 997:

Here are a few pictures I have taken already:

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 11-17-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:46 AM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
Definitely count me in. I'm also in for upgrading the weak clutches in the transmission if the tuner can increase the valve pressure through TCU. I saw a partly disassembled 957 Tiptronic transmission and I bet we can squeeze 1 or 2 more clutches in there if the TCU can support.

This is getting exciting.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:09 PM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
Count me in.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Naaa I'm good with my lazy transmission....of course I'm in Ren Man!

Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
If this is going to work on the 955, I'm gonna have to have it

Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
What will you take on next?? I may be interested depending on cost. I'm certainly interested in seeing what you come up with.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:29 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Interested for 955 assuming it doesn't have a huge effect on longevity.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
You can definitely count me in!

Old 11-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Just forwarded this thread to Softronics.. There are no guarantees, but hopefully we can build up some momentum on this over the winter

Old 11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
I bet everybody who posted here own a CTT. How about Diesel, V8 and GTS models? They will also benefit greatly from an improved TCU. The reason I'm saying this is we can get the number of interested people increase substantially if we can get all models of 955 and 957 involved.

Just my $0.02

Old 11-20-2014, 11:53 PM
LV_V is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in

Old 11-21-2014, 09:34 AM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested if there is little to no impact on reliability.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:24 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
this would be awesome...but I have my doubts. for the 911's, the tcu upgrade is a joke.
the faster shifting is only at redline and really not much improvement.

I was hoping there would be a valve body mod...like for domestic cars...transgo shift kit.
You drill hole and mod the valvebody. Shifting is awesome in part full throttle. Since the shifts happen quick...less tranny temp rise. All these slik smooth shifting may feel nice but it's manipulating the clutches increasing the tranny temp

Old 11-23-2014, 11:07 AM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Video

I'm in Kent, I already swapped out my VB for the Revtech version.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interested in faster shifting in your Cayenne? Show your support here...