Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Key stuck in ignition

Old 12-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Waitin4Dv is on a distinguished road
Key stuck in ignition

Well haven't been driving my cayenne lately and and had to jump start it drove it about a hour to Xmas party then my coolant pipes finally went out on me. Tow truck came and it would start because battery was dead. So is my battery gone? But I also can't get my keys out of the ignition after I pushed it back into my garage. Is that a security thing or is it because my battery is completly dead?

Old 12-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Drk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the rough
I had the same issue with the key this morning. Returned from vacation for 3 weeks and the battery was too dead to start, but it locked the key in the ignition. Not sure why it does not let you remove it, but with a quick jump I was able to take it out.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Drk Knight
I had the same issue with the key this morning. Returned from vacation for 3 weeks and the battery was too dead to start, but it locked the key in the ignition. Not sure why it does not let you remove it, but with a quick jump I was able to take it out.
Cool thanks at least I got that done now it sits with cracked coolant pipes. Debating wether to do it myself or take it in

Old 12-08-2014, 08:11 PM
dancingbears is on a distinguished road
Ditto... same thing on my 09 CTTS.Does some really funky things when the battery is down... even if you get the key out you can't shut-off the radio either, which only makes matters worse as you're battery is almost out of power.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:20 PM
After I jumped it and drove a hour just before pipes blew I shut it off to cool it down and wouldn't start think the battery is gone or just didn't charge enough?

Old 12-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Drk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Waitin4Dv
Cool thanks at least I got that done now it sits with cracked coolant pipes. Debating wether to do it myself or take it in
I'll be attempting it myself. Seems pretty straight forward, just time consuming. Its 700 for the pipes and my shop wants another grand to do the work.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Ecs has them at allot cheaper then that for there kit you might want to check it out may save you a few hundred

Old 12-11-2014, 03:32 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
From all the research I did when I thought mine blew it looks pretty much straight forward. But since it has been over engineered it will take forever to complete. When you are changing out your pipes you might as well get you a new starter. Speaking from experience you will thank yourself. What happens is the coolant gets all over the starter starts to gum it up, and runs into difficultly starting cold.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I know the ecs website says to empty coolant do I need to drain completly? I've read you could do it both ways. Just not sure if it matters or not.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:28 AM
I would probably put in all new coolant, but thanks for the ECS reference! I buy everything from them but never noticed their own coolant kit. I will most likely be doing this after Christmas so I will post any tips or tricks I come across.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Ok cool sounds good. Mr. Haney also has a file on how to do everything also he emailed me. Incase you want more details. I'm just about done just removing old pipes and ordering kit.

Broke this though so need to find another one. Going to search the part #

Old 12-15-2014, 02:17 PM
I would probably put in all new coolant, but thanks for the ECS reference! I buy everything from them but never noticed their own coolant kit. I will most likely be doing this after Christmas so I will post any tips or tricks I come across.
Yeah they have the porsche genuine and then another brand from Germany which people say have better casting then the genuine ones.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:13 AM
Are you talking about the pipes or the coolant? don't go with the plastic pipes if that's what you are thinking.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:43 AM
No, they are metal pipes and include everything, just ECS' own kit for $455, rather than 700 for the Porsche kit.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Just making sure...Didn't want to be the guy that ran in to late screaming NNNNOOOOOO.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Key stuck in ignition