Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New guy looking to purchase a Cayenne Turbo

Old 02-01-2015, 06:33 PM
ABN2nds is on a distinguished road
New guy looking to purchase a Cayenne Turbo

After reading through the forum, what years of Cayenne's are best to look for? I have heard about the coolant pipe issues, coils, etc. If you had a choice, what year cayenne Turbo would you look for? I have seen some with decent mileage for under $10k, should these be avoided? I have always liked the Cayenne Turbo's, every time I see someone driving one I ask about the reliability and haven't heard anything terrible. But am concerned about spending big cash on a vehicle that might become a daily problem. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks! By the way, I like exotics, I own an Aprilia street bike and a Husqvarna dirt bike.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:57 PM
loxxrider is on a distinguished road
Well, they're certainly not Toyota. Expect to spend at least $2k per year on maintenance (planned and unplanned). I've had to spend about $1k on mine in the past 6 months I've had it, not including tires.

Brakes and Cardan shaft are probably next on the list. Add another $2k this year just for those items alone (although mine is a turbo s which adds to the cost of doing brakes significantly). By the way, this is for doing all the work diy. If I was paying a shop to do it, I'd easily be in 5-7 k for the past 6 months and another 5k this year.

Older ctt with the usual work done like coolant pipes and Cardan shaft shouldn't hurt you as badly! Again, expect $2k per year.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:38 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
For 10k you are looking at the 955's. The 955's are good but I would hold out for a 957. More displacement, kind of a lessons learned on the 955 vehicle. And unless you can get some sort of warranty be prepared to shell out the money unless you can do the work your self.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:18 PM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
2016 , for 10k its going to be tough to find something. It will probably need another 10k worth of maintenance then another 10k worth of mods to get it where it's fun.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:51 PM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
I would look for a 957 (08-10). Much better reliability than the 955. Best exterior style of any Cayenne to date in my opinion. These will start at ~$30k & go up to ~$60k I would stay away from any in the $10k range unless you have that much more to put into it right away.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Found one!

Located an 06 Turbo S with 119k miles on it. ALL service records from Porsche dealers, coolant pipes replaced, coils replaced, cardan shaft replaced, new tires. All stock, Jarama Beige with tan leather int. Drives great, can't pass up the deal, almost $$5000 UNDER KBB value for Good Cond. Two owner vehicle, can't wait to get it. Drove it today and it was sweet!

Old 02-26-2015, 03:43 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
glad you are making the choice...you won't regret it.
I would make sure to:
- check brakes/pads - if close to replace, bargain or get them to replace (expensive to replace)
- check to see if water pump done or not...have it checked out (expensive to replace)
- check for leaks on valve covers - easy to do but more bargaining power
- check shocks - at 119K miles, may start getting degraded (expensive to replace)
- have AC checked thoroughly for leaks and have charged properly (if you get blower going to rear vents, see if one of center vents blows colder air than the next - one of signs of AC issue).

Other than that, you will enjoy...make sure to do all the fluids after you get it.

Originally Posted by ABN2nds
Located an 06 Turbo S with 119k miles on it. ALL service records from Porsche dealers, coolant pipes replaced, coils replaced, cardan shaft replaced, new tires. All stock, Jarama Beige with tan leather int. Drives great, can't pass up the deal, almost $$5000 UNDER KBB value for Good Cond. Two owner vehicle, can't wait to get it. Drove it today and it was sweet!

Old 02-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Water pump changed last year, brakes look good and feel great, no grinding, noise, pulsing. Cannot see any leaks around engine area, suspension worked great, no noises, all ride options worked properly. Did not check AC, it's FREEZING cold here in Indiana! I'll keep the post updated. Thanks for the message!

Originally Posted by ciaka
glad you are making the choice...you won't regret it.
I would make sure to:
- check brakes/pads - if close to replace, bargain or get them to replace (expensive to replace)
- check to see if water pump done or not...have it checked out (expensive to replace)
- check for leaks on valve covers - easy to do but more bargaining power
- check shocks - at 119K miles, may start getting degraded (expensive to replace)
- have AC checked thoroughly for leaks and have charged properly (if you get blower going to rear vents, see if one of center vents blows colder air than the next - one of signs of AC issue).

Other than that, you will enjoy...make sure to do all the fluids after you get it.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:05 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
I have a 2006 Turbo S with 66,000 on the odometer! Only things I have had to do to mine is coolant pipes, coils and plugs, cardan shaft, rebuild compressor, and my windshield washer just quit working. Think it is the pump! These are things beyond normal maintenance and wear and tear items. I just recently changed out the tranny fluid with redline and change my oil every 5k or yearly. I have always had very good luck with all the Porsche vehicles I have owned. I rarely keep them past 75k so that is probably part of the reason. Just be thorough on your maintenance!

Old 02-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info, the tranny fluid change sounds like a great idea. I've talked to some people who have had the Porsche and have over 175k miles on them. I am hoping this one will last as long or longer being that they are rare.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:06 AM
It is very nice!

06 Cayenne Turbo S, love it!

Old 03-02-2015, 03:06 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Looks good