Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Recommendation for Vendors for Front Bumper Cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:02 PM
pastorom is on a distinguished road
Recommendation for Vendors for Front Bumper Cover

My garage is a bit tight, and unfortunately, while attempting to maneuver my 955 Turbo in there, my wife hit the bumper against the wall. It's cracked now, and there's a fairly large hole that looks ugly as sin.

I was thinking of getting a new bumper cover. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get one from? It seems like i need this part number? 95550531104G2X.

porscheoem.com has a few prices and recommendations, but i wasn't sure if anyone had any buying experience from any of those vendors.

Secondly, do i have to buy the bumper, and then find someone to paint it? There's no mention of color anywhere on the vendor websites so it seems like they sell a primer applied bumper, and then i would need to color match? Is that accurate?

I've actually taken the bumper off before while replacing my horns, so not worried about that part.

Hoping someone who has done this can chime in!!

Old 03-12-2015, 10:33 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
A friend of mine backed into a Jeep's steel bumper and caved in one corner of my rear bumper cover. I researched and ended up buying a refurbed unit from these guys and it looks like they might have a front one for you... http://search.store.yahoo.net/yhst-2...2Fporsche.html

Not the best website, but I reasearched them and they had a great reputation. Great communication and shipped right when they said it would. HUGE package to safely wrap it but it made it here.

As for paint, you will have to have one from them painted but if you buy a brand new part it will need paint too. Arrived primed and ready to paint. I still haven't gotten around to getting it painted and put on, but hope to have some time in the next month or so.

Also check ebay for a used one. If you can find one with the right color paint it "might" match, saving you a few bucks. I couldn't find one that wouldn't have needed almost as much work as mine.

You might also check with your local body shop, they may be able to repair it. The guy at prestige buys used ones and fixes/preps them. Plastic welding has come a long way!

Old 03-13-2015, 06:33 AM
pastorom is on a distinguished road
Fantastic! Thanks so much. I was completely unaware about body shops being able to repair plastic!! That's going to be my first try now - if the quality there is not up to expectations, i'll look at the link you recommended.

All the ebay front bumper covers i saw unfortunately are priced higher that what the online vendors and dealers are asking for them!

Old 03-13-2015, 09:39 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pastorom
Fantastic! Thanks so much. I was completely unaware about body shops being able to repair plastic!! That's going to be my first try now - if the quality there is not up to expectations, i'll look at the link you recommended.

All the ebay front bumper covers i saw unfortunately are priced higher that what the online vendors and dealers are asking for them!
Yeah I didn't have any luck with eBay either.

As for repair I think it probably depends on how bad it's damaged. A lot of shops will probably just say to replace it because it's easier to just order a new one and paint it. Not sure how many body shops are doing it.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:17 AM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Sunset Imports for an OEM at a great price

Old 03-30-2015, 06:59 PM
RT_955TT_KY is on a distinguished road
First post -- I just went thru this issue in December. Friend of mine backed into my front end on Thanksgiving. It is next to impossible to find any used Turbo front bumper, much less a decent one. I ended up buying a new, primed one from a local indy shop (OEM) for around $350ish and then had it painted along with front spoiler for an additional $400. Total cost in my case was just under $2k by the time I added in the misc parts behind the bumper. DIY wasn't bad at all... about 2 hours.

HTH

Ron