Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need your input! Hawk will exchange my brake pads

Old 04-14-2015, 06:24 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough

I am fed up with the Hawk HPS pads recommended to me by one of our sponsors. They don't stop my car fast, are and noisy- the stopping is obviously the biggest issue, as we all know, because it compromises our safety.

Hawk Performance is recommending their LTS pads as their first choice for a Cayenne, or the alternative is their Ceramic pads.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/perfo...ight-truck-suv

http://www.hawkperformance.com/perfo...rmance-ceramic

Please share your experiences as they don't have Porsche OEM brakes to offer me.
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
EBC Yellowstuff all the way.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:27 PM
rlhornbeck is on a distinguished road
Another vote for EBC Yellowstuff

Old 04-15-2015, 07:36 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe EBC after reading a lot of reviews, or just going back to stock even if they bite down too hard and too fast and leave my wheels buried in dust. Now if Hawk would take their HPS back and run out and get me a set for all 4 corners to appease me yhat would be a neat trick.
I'm thinking of trying their LTS a pads and if those suck I will toss them. Their ceramics don't appear to be the ticket.

Last edited by BobbySpeed; 04-15-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:24 AM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
I've used the Hawk Ceramics for about 6 months now, and installed new rotors at the same time. I followed the bedding in procedure to a tee. At first they were not as grabby as the OEM pads, but the initial bite has improved a lot over time, and I would say that they perform well. The break dust reduced dramatically, which is also what I was after with the Black Sport Design wheels.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
The ceramics will provide you with a less noisy pad and less brake dust, but typically I recommend those for street driving. The HP+'s are what I recommend for track driving, but again, noisy. Why not look into Carbotech pads?.. Expensive, but awesome track pad. I'd also check out Winmax.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-01-2015, 06:49 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I'll second or third or whatever the EBC yellow stuff. Put them on my '05CTT and am very happy. Seem to stop well, not noisy, and WAY cleaner than whatever was on there before (stock pads I'm assuming).

Old 05-27-2015, 02:56 AM
waltertm is on a distinguished road
I like the stopping power of Hawk pads though they are noisy and produce more dust.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Aaroneous is on a distinguished road
I'm in the same boat with wanting to scrap my Hawk HPS pads. They scare my wife they are so bad -- I'll likely go with EBC when I replace them.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:10 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I have the Hawk Ceramic series. They are only noisy when I back out of my driveway in reverse first thing in the morning.

Other than that, great dust control with great braking ability.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Max_O is on a distinguished road
I too had the Hawk HPS pads and those pads were scary. I have never had such a horrible setup for brakes. I swapped to EBC Redstuff pads and love them. Infinitely better than the Hawk pads and manageable dust. I even bought a setup for the wife's Audi A4 and they are great on that car as well.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:15 PM
docwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to all

Just get a stock set of pads, or the equivalent Textar or Pagid.

Use soap and water to remove the brake dust. I'd much rather have the brake torque that the stock pads give.