Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Alignment machines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:53 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Alignment machines

Are there types of alignment machines that reputable shops own and could be used as one of means to tell if a shop is a decent one to go get alignment for a CTT?

Will be doing some work and have been looking around for a shop that can do a good job. Since I have not needed alignment in the area yet, its kind of a chore to find one since they all say they do a great job.
There is a shop close to home, says they own a Hunter machine. Cater to performance cars. Looking for ways to tell a bit more than just take their word

Old 04-20-2015, 03:47 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
These cars are no different than the rest on the road when it comes to alignment. Had mine done last year at a mom and pop shop I trusted. If you have someone you can trust I would take it to them.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
That's what I kind of wanted to know. I assume they will have details from the computer on how to set the alignment?

Old 04-21-2015, 03:00 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
All they did was roll it up on the lift put the reflectors on all 4 wheels, make adjustments and done. So no you don't need a fancy high dollar job when a good trustworthy mechanic can help save a few dollars.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Since I'm new to the area, I'll have to risk starting with someone. I will likely have to go to them. Close to home and didn't appear to have bad reviews (although I know shops with good online reviews that do horrible work - must have been from family). Thanks.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:38 AM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
Yeah, any reputable tire shop can do it. I have an appointment on Saturday. Gotta get lower control arms replaced before the alignment will take.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Typically shops have the ability to set stock specs into the machine by inputting the year, make, and model of a vehicle. Any competent shop should be able to perform an adequate alignment for the street.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-24-2015, 11:52 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Most shops don't straighten the steering wheel very well.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:26 PM
...and one ends up driving whit their steering wheel off to one side when in straight line, right? lol

yeah, I have no experience with the shop that I will likely use, but it is very close to me and seem to cater to more sporty crowd too.
Will have to be the 'd1ck' customer and run through list of things I like covered before they proceed, hoping it will jolt them to do it all perfect.
We'll see how that goes.

Originally Posted by djantlive
Most shops don't straighten the steering wheel very well.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:27 PM
TWalk is on a distinguished road
I will add this. Have your suspension level in the position you drive in the most when you get it aligned. It will help on tire wear.