Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

955 CTT cutting out on light throttle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Fuzzo is on a distinguished road
955 CTT cutting out on light throttle

Hi guys
Seem to have developed a new issue. On light acceleration, I feel a miss/cut out of sorts. Sometimes it cuts off fully almost and comes back. Sort it like a fuel cut

Sent it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. They said it may have been bad fuel. But I've been having it for a while now

Any suggestions on what to look

This problem isn't there when I floor it.
I have just hit 40k km on the clock

Old 05-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Update
The vehicle developed a really bad set of misses finally where the abs light and the light next to it (triangle with the arrow round it) came on
Turned it off and started again and it seems fine
Desler says to change the pumps (fuel filters were changed last month)

Has anyone experienced this ? I feel if it was the pump it should happen all the time including full throttle

Any ideas on what it could be

Old 05-05-2015, 11:46 PM
the more i have researched, looks like this is a sort of known an accepted issue with the brand... no one else has this?

Old 05-06-2015, 01:01 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I've heard about the dreaded slow or hard start issue because of the fuel pumps or pressure regulator.

Here are a few threads on that topic. May be a similar issue?? Could also be MAF's or coils.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rm-solved.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-feeling.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...g-neutral.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eleration.html

Old 05-07-2015, 03:31 AM
thanks... for now the dealer has told me to start by replacing the fuel pumps

Old 05-07-2015, 07:13 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
I've been having a loss of power issue. Took it to the dealer they found nothing. Took it to an indy and they took the car for a drive with the computer hooked up and noticed one of the primary cats isnt working right. Not under warranty anymore so i must just gut them.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:00 AM
thanks for the help

anyone ever tried after market fuel pumps? is that an option?

Old 05-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fuzzo
thanks for the help

anyone ever tried after market fuel pumps? is that an option?
I'm pretty sure that if your fuel pumps were going out your problem would be more pronounced under a heavy load. Of course the dealer wants you to replace them and throw parts at the car. Ask them, if you have them replaced there and the problem is not fixed, will they pay for the labor or refund your money? There is also a fuel pump test procedure that can be done to verify that they deliver the correct quantity and hold pressure for a specific amount of time. The FSM explains this in detail. You should also check that BOTH pumps are working. There is a procedure for this also that only involves removing a few fuses.

I would get a can of dedicated MAF cleaner and start by cleaning the MAF sensors. Replace your plugs with new ones and make sure they are gapped correctly. You can use good ol regular ngk platinums and they work just as well as the beru's for like 4$ each. Coils could be suspect to. They provide more than just a spark and are responsible for dwell and saturation too. Light throttle tip in is still closed loop operation of the ecu and all sensor information will be taken into acct to provide the best performance.

Fuel, air, spark. It's a process of elimination. Start covering the basics before you throw money and parts at the problem .

Old 05-19-2015, 12:55 AM
i have had this conversation with my dealer and they say that with their experience they have narrowed it down to faulty fuel pumps...that's pretty much where they leave it.