Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help with Torx screw at rear rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 04:26 AM
vchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to behold

I just realized that at the rear rotors we all have 2 Torx screws per side, one larger than the other. In my case the small one on the right is corroded and almost destroyed and the other on the left is missing. I called the dealership today to ask for replacement but unfortunately they don't have in stock. (Capital Controls in Greece hace restricted imports).

If anyone can help I would like to know the exact size of the small screw in order to search at stores for a replacement. Is it something common that I can find in stores?

Old 08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-11-2015, 10:24 AM
bonemechanic is on a distinguished road
I just did the replacement. The smaller one is a cap that covers the e-brake adjustment. The larger holds the rotor to the spindle. The larger is on tight. I did not find the smaller to be to tight. Also in a pinch you do not actually have to remove it.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:45 AM
vchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to beholdvchris is a splendid one to behold

Thanks a lot guys! I ended up buying 4 screws from Porsche for €14.