Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne 1117 & 1494 codes - any help or advice would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:10 AM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Cayenne 1117 & 1494 codes - any help or advice would be appreciated

Vehicle = Cayenne S 2009. TipTronic (957)

My Wife was driving the car today, and whilst she was parking (shifted from Drive into Reverse) the engine stalled. This has never happened before.

She says a headlight warning came up at the same time.
She was able to start the car again immediately without any problem.

The car drove afterwards without any problem.
When she got home I plugged in the Durametric and got the following Faults:

"1117: Load Signal Generator Terminal DF - Implausible Signal, test conditions are not completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light"

"1494: Parking Light Left - Open Circuit, test conditions are not completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light"

I tried to clear the faults, but they would not clear.
I also checked all front and rear lights on the vehicle and all function correctly.

I measured the actual values of the voltages of the car and got the following using Durametric:

"Voltage of vehicle electrical system":
hovering between 13.2V and 13.25V at idle, and
went up to 13.3V at a steady 2k RPM

"Generator Setpoint Voltage"
14.3V at idle and
14.3V at a steady 2k RPM, and
10.6V with engine off and ignition on.

I drove the car for about 15 miles at varying speeds and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the idle or the way it runs. As strong and smooth as ever.

However I am very concerned that this 1117 fault is currently still active.

I spent a lot of time searching and the following is one thread that I found interesting:
http://wiki.ross-tec...index.php/01117

What I don't understand is the connection between the parking light code and the Load Signal Generator code, and how either could have caused an engine stall.

Any tips or advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:16 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by EMC2
Vehicle = Cayenne S 2009. TipTronic (957)

My Wife was driving the car today, and whilst she was parking (shifted from Drive into Reverse) the engine stalled. This has never happened before.

She says a headlight warning came up at the same time.
She was able to start the car again immediately without any problem.

The car drove afterwards without any problem.
When she got home I plugged in the Durametric and got the following Faults:

"1117: Load Signal Generator Terminal DF - Implausible Signal, test conditions are not completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light"

"1494: Parking Light Left - Open Circuit, test conditions are not completed, fault is not currently active and is not causing a DTC light"

I tried to clear the faults, but they would not clear.
I also checked all front and rear lights on the vehicle and all function correctly.

I measured the actual values of the voltages of the car and got the following using Durametric:

"Voltage of vehicle electrical system":
hovering between 13.2V and 13.25V at idle, and
went up to 13.3V at a steady 2k RPM

"Generator Setpoint Voltage"
14.3V at idle and
14.3V at a steady 2k RPM, and
10.6V with engine off and ignition on.

I drove the car for about 15 miles at varying speeds and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the idle or the way it runs. As strong and smooth as ever.

However I am very concerned that this 1117 fault is currently still active.

I spent a lot of time searching and the following is one thread that I found interesting:
http://wiki.ross-tec...index.php/01117

What I don't understand is the connection between the parking light code and the Load Signal Generator code, and how either could have caused an engine stall.

Any tips or advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Battery. A good battery should read about 13.7v

Old 08-31-2015, 07:49 PM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Mr. Haney - thanks for the reply.
Just for clarification; under what conditions are you saying the battery should read 13.7v?
At the battery terminals (disconnected from the car) it reads 12.6 v.

Thanks

Old 09-05-2015, 07:00 AM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
Yea; when my battery started going I always got headlight errors. It seems to be typical. How old is your current battery? Do you notice the starter having trouble turning over the engine when you cold-start it? That's the tell-tale sign that your battery is going.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:20 PM
The battery is only 18 months old approx.

I also took the battery to get tested and it checked out fine.

The only remaining code last week was 1117 and the description said Fault NOT currently active.

I called Durametric and they explained that often these kinds of codes cannot be "force" cleared and that the vehicle needs to go through a specific drive cycle before the system clears itself of any codes.

I was familiar with this type of scenario for Emissions testing from other Porsche's when the car can have a "NOT READY" status and has to be driven up to 100 miles before being ready and compliant for an emissions test.

Today I ran another Durametric scan:.

Good news is the 1117 and all other codes have self cleared.
However, the red exclamation symbol under Vehicle Electrical System (part no. 7L.593.704.9A) remains (even though no fault codes are present)

I'm going to give it another week and see if that clears by itself also.

Apart from that one strange event a week ago, the car has been operating flawlessly. A mystery indeed...