Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Damaged key fob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 PM
kensworth is on a distinguished road
Damaged key fob

Long story but my key/remote got crushed. I've still got the blade and the transponder chip so I can manually open and lock the doors and start and drive the car. I've been looking on ebay at some of the used key and and ignition switch sets. Are they are straight forward swap? Do I need to buy a replacement ECU with the ebay set and either way is coding required? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 11-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Tuscani66 is on a distinguished road
I bought the eBay replacement key fob kit as well (not the electronics part).

It came dissessembled and you'll just need to take yours apart and transfer the guts and key blade (if you don't want to cut the new blade) to the new one then glue it shut on the seams.

Its pretty straight forward, maybe 15 minutes and voila - don't be intimidated. I did mine when my hazard rubber piece refused to stay in due to the wear on it. The replacement has a knockoff Porsche emblem on it (not the flush one we have on OEM) but its not noticeable really.

Good luck, I got 2 modules shipped for 20 bucks, took it to dealer to have cut so I can always have a 'door' key just incase. Transfered 1 blade, cut 1 blade (no electronics), kept OEMs for next owner.