Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CTT hesitation at WOT question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 08:16 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
CTT hesitation at WOT question

If one is experiencing hesitation at WOT (feeling like car starts sputtering a bit when throttle pressed hard, lasting for few seconds), does it usually mean check plugs and coils? What is there aren't any engine codes stating of any misfires?
I have felt this and have no codes pointing to plugs/coils. I know from doing valve cover gasket change that several of my coils have cracks in them.

Wondering if that should be first place to start or look more to fuel pumps. Kind of thinking replace plugs/coils first. What say you? Thanks.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:18 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
I would definitely start with plugs and coils to see if that fixes it before tearing into anything else. If it's still happening after that, look into fuel system.. Filter/pumps, etc.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:48 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Kinda what I thought. Now of to find what best plugs to get. Already planing to get the latest Beru coils they have for the car.
The coil number I have is 94860210421.
Close to $32 price/ each - hope it's a good deal. I assume that's all I would need- the coils and plugs (no gaskets involved in this swap).

Also can anyone clarify to me on warranty for already replaced coils by dealer? I had coils replaced by dealer about 50-60K ago, by dealer themselves.
I thought I came across something saying if my plugs were originally replaced by dealer, if they crack again, they would be covered to be replaced again by that dealer.

Could that be true?

Thanks again.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:25 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
It could be true, you'd want to check with the dealer. I'd at least give them a call before I jumped into it myself.

I think thats not a bad deal for the coils, been a while since I priced a set. I don't remember needing any gaskets for the coils and plugs.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Fuzzo is on a distinguished road
been having this issue for a few months... changed plugs, coils and now the pumps... seems to be ok now.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Fuzzo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fuzzo
been having this issue for a few months... changed plugs, coils and now the pumps... seems to be ok now.
I spoke too soon cel is back
Going back to shop timorrow to check it out
Funny thing is that this is happening in sbjmper to bumper traffic
If I clear the code and run it hard no issues

Old 10-03-2016, 11:51 PM
as an update, after I replaced coils and plugs, the thing is running like new. Better. The hesitation was due to plugs worn and coils cracked (did not bother finding out which - replaced both - plugs visibly in need of change, coils cracked - all but one, so all went).

Thank you for all help.