Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Stuttering under boost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
How long after you loaded the tune for the very first time did the symptoms occur?

Have you tried flashing back to stock?
Have you re-flashed with the evoms tune?

Running the recommended gaps and heat range? Verified no leaks and opening vacuum vs. open fully on the wastegate actuators?

Checked the pcv system for leaks and operation? One way diaphragm in the valve cover?

The fuel rail has a two shcrader valves, you could hook up a fp gauge and check fp while you drive.

Sounds like it happens when you go into closed loop. If you disconnect the mafs it should run fine and stay in open loop even when warmed fully.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:24 AM
mbagge01 is on a distinguished road
Mr Haney, I decided to change spark plugs again but no change. I have also replaced the maf's and all 4 O2 sensor. I do agree that it now appears to be an issue when I go into closed loop. Since I get no CEL's, short or replacing the maf or O2 sensors again, is there a way to test the items with a multimeter or with durametric and is there a way to determine O2 sensor vs MAF. I know you mentioned disconnecting the maf, but is it safe to drive under WOT with maf disconnected. If the car would drive fine after that, would that test rule out O2 sensors?

Old 04-22-2016, 11:47 PM
One thing I have decided to try is get ahold of some stock airboxes and replace the current EVOM CAI system that I have. That is the one thing I have never done. Since my problems seem to occur when I am in closed loop, I am wondering if the EVOM intake is creating a lot of turbulent flow causing the issues. Has anyone else had issues with an EVOM intake or any other aftermarket intake causing turbulent flow and air/fuel issues.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:09 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mbagge01
Mr Haney, I decided to change spark plugs again but no change. I have also replaced the maf's and all 4 O2 sensor. I do agree that it now appears to be an issue when I go into closed loop. Since I get no CEL's, short or replacing the maf or O2 sensors again, is there a way to test the items with a multimeter or with durametric and is there a way to determine O2 sensor vs MAF. I know you mentioned disconnecting the maf, but is it safe to drive under WOT with maf disconnected. If the car would drive fine after that, would that test rule out O2 sensors?
I don't have a durametric so I'm not sure what options you have including data logging. All the sensors are 0-5v.
You may check the map sensor located @ the intake y. When @ full throttle you should always be open loop. The mars are there for many reasons but it's easier to think of them as a fine tuning aid for the ecu. When @ full throttle or open loop the computer is using preset maps and the map sensor mainly for control. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong because I'm no tuning wizard. I would check with evoms. Do you have to mail off the ecu to flash back to stock?

Old 04-25-2016, 08:52 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Have the fuel pumps ever been replaced?

Old 04-25-2016, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by dan87951
Have the fuel pumps ever been replaced?
Yes fuel pumps and filters along with having fuel pressure tested.