Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Highest HP for 955

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 09:59 PM
Innkeeper411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Highest HP for 955

I know that this has been discussed several times, but most threads are years old. I have a 2006 CTTS and getting the basic bolt ons done. My question is what do I need to do to higher HP? More than the 650-700 hp. Has anyone gotten 800-1,000 hp? What tuner can I talk to and are there any in the Houston area?

Old 06-26-2016, 06:46 AM
I saw a thread on another forum where EVO was building a "1000 hp Monster" back in 2009, but didn't see where they finished it. Does anyone know if it was successful?

Old 06-26-2016, 08:15 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I have not heard of 1000hp but I know someone did a 20T upgrade - 700-800 range. EVO probably has built a couple.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:53 AM
I was wrong, it was a 997 that they were building with 1000 hp.

I am very interested in whether anyone has built a high hp Cayenne. I would like to know what it would take and who could build it. Any ideas where to look?

Old 06-27-2016, 12:58 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Keep in mind that once you start modifying these things within an inch of their life good luck with any sort of reliability.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:20 PM
I understand. Just doing bolt on's for now while I research who can build it. What needs to be done to the motor? Pistons, rods, etc? Some of the modded cars now are at 1,250 whp on pump gas with no problems. Is it possible to make a Cayenne 800-1,000 hp and reliable? If not why? I am sure that it only comes down to money. I am not made of money, but I would like to know what it takes. Why buy a $100,000 car if I can put $30-40k in the one I have and end up with something better?

It has been a long time ago (2003), but when I had a Viper, some of the guys had Hennessey Venom 650 packages which was 650 rwhp + a 250 shot of nitrous which from what I understood was 250 rwhp. That was 900 rwhp on pump gas with no reliability issues.

Thanks again for the help with the filters. Finally figured it out without breaking it.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Well Kent's is about the most highly modified and verified Cayenne I know of on this site he's gotten to a verified 550awhp so well over 700bhp. He was working on bigger intercoolers to gain more but not sure where that project stands.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hp-808-tq.html

TT Viper is building what could prove to be a real beast here...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ld-thread.html

Those are both 957's but I'm sure there are some pretty wild 955's out there too. I've done the basics, tune, exhaust etc. I'd still like to do a full 3" exhaust and open up my intake bigger. I wasn't happy when mine dynoe'd at only 365awhp. I expected north of 400. Might go back one of these days I fixed some boost leaks and I think the tune has "settled in more" since then too.

I was messing around just the other evening and ripped off a 4.4 0-60 time on a slightly uphill grade. Best I've done is 4.2+ on a nice cool evening. That's pushing a full second faster than factory numbers so I know I'm running better than stock.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:01 PM
That is a great thread. Thanks for the link. Do you know where they are from? I will research to find out. As they said in the thread, not many tuners spend time with the V8's. I spoke with 5 different tuners in Houston and none have done more than intake, exhaust and ECU. One said that he did a big turbo kit, but he didn't seem familiar with it. I would love to find a tuner that could say that this is what you need to do, because we have done it.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:42 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Innkeeper411
That is a great thread. Thanks for the link. Do you know where they are from? I will research to find out. As they said in the thread, not many tuners spend time with the V8's. I spoke with 5 different tuners in Houston and none have done more than intake, exhaust and ECU. One said that he did a big turbo kit, but he didn't seem familiar with it. I would love to find a tuner that could say that this is what you need to do, because we have done it.
Kent is in the US, back east I believe and I think TT Viper said Turkey at one point?? Don't quote me on either of those.

There is also some interesting info about turbo upgrades in this thread...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-upgrade.html

MrHaney is also working on a project but I don't know how far along he is. Sounds like his will be pretty epic though with a lot of custom parts!

And in that same thread amablemiguel has swapped in bigger turbos on a 958 but don't know if he ever got it tuned.

I would say if you really want to go big it could be done but plan on spending a LOT of money. EVO is not in Texas but "just up the road a bit" in AZ. I'd give them a call, from what I've seen they probably have the most experience with modding Cayennes.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:21 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Kent is in the US, back east I believe and I think TT Viper said Turkey at one point?? Don't quote me on either of those.
Sorry I quoted you. LOL. I want to say you are correct if not they are in the ball park area.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:34 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Old 06-30-2016, 06:03 PM
Bosty is on a distinguished road
i know of a Gemballa Gt750 running around Canada with 130,000 kms. Kit was installed right from original delivery of vehicle. So say 100kms.
Truck is winter driven and drivrn HARD!
These trucks are legit.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Bigbuzuki

Yeah but like one or two mentioned before it looks like he's not got it tuned and running properly either.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Has anyone used HHR exhaust? I saw someone talking about it and then noticed that all of the guys modding their Cayennes past basic intake, exhaust, and ECU, have or want 3 inch exhaust. I called and talked to Hank (Hanksville Hot Rods) and he was very knowledgeable about the Cayenne and took the time to answer all of my questions. I know I want the secondary cat bypass, midpipe, and exhaust. I am not sure if the primary cat delete would be too loud if I still want to use this as a more or less daily driver. Any thoughts?

Old 07-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Innkeeper411
Has anyone used HHR exhaust? I saw someone talking about it and then noticed that all of the guys modding their Cayennes past basic intake, exhaust, and ECU, have or want 3 inch exhaust. I called and talked to Hank (Hanksville Hot Rods) and he was very knowledgeable about the Cayenne and took the time to answer all of my questions. I know I want the secondary cat bypass, midpipe, and exhaust. I am not sure if the primary cat delete would be too loud if I still want to use this as a more or less daily driver. Any thoughts?

I have his secondary bypass pipes. Good quality stuff and he's great to work with. I may eventually go full 3" at least primary cat back. I put the smaller bypass pipes and a magnaflow exhaust from there back. Still too quiet for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from Hank. Oh and Vetkiller put almost a full HHR exhaust on his 957... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ust-957-a.html

Last edited by jdubbya; 07-01-2016 at 08:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest HP for 955