Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2009 CGTS Fault codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:22 PM
dimf is on a distinguished road
2009 CGTS Fault codes

Hi folks,

my 09 CGTS threw CEL today. Steady amber. I was observing - nothing unusual, temps gauge as usual. battery charge needle looks ok.

I plugged in the durametric when I got home

got

0480 - fan 1 control circuit
value below lower limit value

cooling system performane
implausible signal

airflow upstream of throttle valve (MAF2) implausible

drilling on electrical, it looks like this part is faulty 7L.593.704.9A
tried to google it, cannot find anything

can somebody pls put these in layman's term

I resetted the CEL but the codes wont go away.

we're supposed to go on a trip on the weekend and no time to book service considering Friday is holiday..

you think it is safe to drive? should I get it checked

also, it rained hard today, wife noticed water on front passenger mat, checked it - dripping wet. I traced water source, looks like it is coming from AC vent on the footwell.. again, why?

feedback appreciated

Old 07-04-2016, 02:35 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I can't help you with the part number or codes, but did find this thread on another board where they talk about the same part number as part of a fault. http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...e-appreciated/

As for the water on the floormat you should check out this thread. Especially if it happened after a hard rain it sounds like the drain is plugged up. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-footwell.html
I should have said see the last post specifically as it may not be the ac drain but the cowl area drain overflowing.

Last edited by jdubbya; 07-04-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:36 PM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
Here is my take on your fault codes

0480 - fan 1 control circuit

Fan 1 control circuit – sensor is reading value in order to control fan 1 (usually a temp sensor/thermal switch).
This sensor is reading below its lower limit value.

“circuit” fault - usually easiest to diagnose as you can directly trace the offending circuit and physically test the component. In this case you would have to identify the fan control circuit and then the sensor in the fan control circuit and test it. With any luck you would have a “actual value” to read through the durametric.

cooling system performance
implausible signal

The engine control unit expects the engine temperature to rise after the engine is running for a certain time.
If it does not , you will get a cooling system performance code (sometimes indicates thermostat failure).
“Implausible “ usually indicates a value is being read, but it doesn’t make sense.

“Range and performance” fault codes like this usually make use of inputs from multiple sensors, so are difficult to pinpoint unless you know exactly which sensors are being read.

airflow upstream of throttle valve (MAF2) implausible

Once again “implausible” value being read at MAF2

The absence of the word “circuit” from this code means that its probably not an electrical fault, (short / open circuit) . So a value is being read, but it doesn’t make sense, in this case, “below lower limit value”

Relating fault codes 2 and 3 , the engine controller sometimes measures the amount of airflow through the engine to predict the coolant temp rise, so could be a faulty MAF, which is generating the coolant system error.

Doesn’t explain the fan control error though.

I would suggest using the durametric to check the actual values on the MAFs (1 and 2 should theoretically read the same) also check the coolant temp sensor values to see if they rise as the engine warms up. There is sometimes 1 sensor that feeds the ECU and another that feeds the instrument cluster.

Easiest first solution would be to clean the MAF sensors.

Hope it helps !