Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Illuminated Door Sills Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Illuminated Door Sills Installation

Anyone installed through dealer or have DIY instructions?

My parts counter says the vehicle is pre-wired & just need to remove stock sills, wire the new ones & clip them in. The service advisor says its long job & wants to charge a lot for it. Also, at the dealership I need to wait 2 weeks for appointment.

Id rather do it outside or myself if its pre-wired & simple.

Thanks

Old 12-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Tlar88 is on a distinguished road
Ask Kevin M, he has the answer you are looking for.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:48 PM
adiaz is on a distinguished road
I heard at the dealer that it is very labor intesnsive, its not just plug and play, as they had a cayenne in the collection wiuth theser already installed. you have to get the power from hte battery I think

Old 12-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
First remove the old sill. just stick a screwdrive under the metal and it pops up. Then remove the 2 hex screws that are holding the plastic sill down.
You can't remove this hole piece, just pop it out from the front area. You just need to drill a hole in this corner.. so lift it while your drilling.. the wire runs through this drilled hole

Get some double sided tape and put this little box in the second to last box..

Run the supplied wire up into the fuse box area.. then over to the footwell light

Now I got power from the entry lights underneath the steering wheel..
The book has you tapping into other sources in the door harness, but this was much easier..

I spliced into the footwell light under the wheel here

Hide all the wires and your finished!!

That is about it.. for the passanger side.. do the same thing and tap into the footwell lighting.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Many thanks Kevin M

Some clarification...

How does the wire get from the door sill area to the area under the dash...The plastic trim in front of the door sill needs to be removed all the wat going up the door & near the dash area (under the steering)?

How to "splice into the foot well light"?

Many thanks again

Old 12-31-2005, 02:09 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I dont recall removing the trim by the door sill, its been a while, after drilling the hole just try feeding the wire up, i believe it just came through the fuse area. Splicing into the footwell light is just at it appears, cut the wire and splice together then reconnect and cap off