Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rear glass will not release anymore (by switch on door or keyfob)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 03:03 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Rear glass will not release anymore (by switch on door or keyfob)

Recently I attempted to open the glass on rear lift gate.
The button under the wiper arm area seemed to be kind of worn and pushed in a bit. I pressed the button and I was not able to release the glass. Later on it did work. So I decided to press the button a few times in quick succession (maybe hoping the plastic on the button would push out).
Well, The release mechanism seems to have stopped working (I do not hear the switch working anymore).
So as of now, I cannot open the rear lift gate glass by switch on door or on remote keyfob.

Yesterday, opened the lift gate, stuck screwdriver into access hole to manually release glass. Replaced the micro switch (with its cover), located on the rear wiper arm. Still no ability to open the glass.

MY QUESTIONS:

- based on above description, what is my next step? My assumption is replacement of the rear hatch window lock actuator, am I correct?

- Are there any other places where the fault can be? I confirmed continuity on each of my fuses in both right and left side of car (wanted to make sure all fuses are functional - used DMM to confirm continuity).

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ciaka; 09-03-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Working with the rear glass is tricky man. My one girlfriend opened the rear glass on her jeep after it had been "stuck" and the glass fell off the rear door on to the ground. I would suggest the window lock actuator as you said. But I would really suggest taking it to Porsche. I know the stealer ship but maybe they can at least point you in the right direction and then you fix it your self.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:35 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
The rear door hatch glass is affixed to the hatch by2 struts up at the top. At the bottom of the glass you have the locking mechanism that releases the lock on the glass allowing it to Pivot up and down and that's it. So whatever happens if I try to unlock it or raise it there is no way the glass will fall out on the Cayenne. I know what you're saying but in this instance there is no reason why glass should fall out from this car. Thanks for the warning but I'm going to try tackle this one without going to the dealer.

Still appreciate feedback from anyone that can provide suggestions on my questions above. Thank you.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Before replacing the motor, get access to the lock mechanism, unplug it, check for power to the motor connector when activated.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
646619_0.pdf (212.8 KB, 188 views)
Old 09-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Thank you. I will give it a try probably this weekend. Take care.