Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Opinions on 2006 Cayenne S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:17 PM
clam1030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinions on 2006 Cayenne S?

Hi Everyone,

I am currently thinking about purchasing a close friend's 2006 Cayenne S (Titanium Edition). Ultimately, this will be a gift to my father as every time he sees this friend's car he loves everything about it and loses his marbles.

My friend has barely driven it (~40k miles) and has religiously serviced it at a local Porsche dealership. He is looking to finally sell it and is currently waiting on me to make a decision.

What I wanted to ask each of you is...what should I be looking out for down the road? I have read some threads here about the coolant pipe issues, but other than that are there any other major/significant repairs I should expect?

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts!

-Chris

Old 10-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Something about a transfer case or something like that, and the rear hatch fails. Other than that, the trucks are amazing. 40K is unheard of. I'd jump on it. The 955 Cayenne is a pig that everyone loves. Go for it, you won't regret it. Even if it has some issues at 40k its a steal.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Thank you for the inputs and reassurance. I am much in love with the 955 too, but I just wanted a good gut check from folks on here as I have found the bits of information I've read on here to be very useful (have been "lurking" a bit).

Originally Posted by Porscheman33
Something about a transfer case or something like that, and the rear hatch fails. Other than that, the trucks are amazing. 40K is unheard of. I'd jump on it. The 955 Cayenne is a pig that everyone loves. Go for it, you won't regret it. Even if it has some issues at 40k its a steal.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Anytime man, The 955 is special. Like every Porsche you get into it and you feel the Porsche. Go for it and I wanna see pics when you get it.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Just wanted to post an update that I ended up buying this gorgeous '06 Cayenne S titanium edition for my dad. After reading through a lot of the threads here I felt confident about my decision.

However, there was one critical aspect left - will my dad even like the car? Thus we went on a test drive down a long stretch of road that runs alongside the beach. It has been about 6-8 years since I have seen my dad smile that big while pressing on a accelerator like that. I immediately cut the check to my friend afterwards and did the title transfer that same day of the test drive.

Sorry for the post without pictures - weather has sucked here and none of the photos look decent.

Anyways, I look forward to contributing to this forum alongside gathering all the awesome information I have seen already.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Congrats on the purchase! Every time I get in my truck it makes me smile. All though I don't get to use it as often as I would like to, its something that I look forward to. It's amazing how Porsche can make this heavy *** truck move so quick. I've won quite a bit red light races Need to see some pics of this pig ASAP! Your Dad will be smiling like that every time he gets into it. Best of luck!

Old 10-17-2016, 11:56 AM
bluetoff is on a distinguished road
Great cars. I have had mine just 6 months and I love it. Mine had had the water pipes done about 12 months before I purchased it. It has never let me down in 6 months. All I have done to it is change the oil and filter.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Finally got some pictures. I'll post them in this thread.

Originally Posted by Porscheman33
Congrats on the purchase! Every time I get in my truck it makes me smile. All though I don't get to use it as often as I would like to, its something that I look forward to. It's amazing how Porsche can make this heavy *** truck move so quick. I've won quite a bit red light races Need to see some pics of this pig ASAP! Your Dad will be smiling like that every time he gets into it. Best of luck!