Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Can a used abs module replace a defective one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 08:19 PM
JeremyW is on a distinguished road
Can a used abs module replace a defective one?

I have a 2005 Cayenne S and am chasing the cause of my PSM and ABS fault lights. Using a durametric I recieved a 1276 code which was subsequently confirmed by the dealer. I am being told my abs module or hydraulic pump is likely faulty. FYI - there is no visible isssue with wire harness to module, I have cleaned the MAF and I have no brake switch in my model to swap out - all of which are all documented causes for this issue. I would like to know the following as I am getting mixed info from online forums:

1. Can the abs module be replaced with a used version with the same part number?

2. If so, does the module still need to be reprogrammed by Porsche to my VIN or specific car?

3. I have read there is a TSB that explains compatible part numbers (e.g. Last letter) - i would appreciate this information if known to you.

4. If others have resolved the same fault code please advise how.

Many thanks in advance for your response -

Jeremy

Old 01-03-2017, 06:04 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
1. I have replaced the PDCC and Gateway control units on my CTT with used versions of the same part number, so I suspect any other control unit could be replaced as well.
2. The module will have to be coded to match your vehicle, however certain control units do not have vehicle specific settings and will work, even if not coded, but will store a "not coded" fault code (as it will have an incorrect VIN number).
3. Apart from coding, Control units like ABS will also have to have sensors calibrated before they will work (I had to do this on my PDCC unit).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.