Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

First issue, need help. Minor leak at trans connector. - ATF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 03:53 PM
wheelsuprun is an unknown quantity at this point
Question First issue, need help. Minor leak at trans connector. - ATF

Hello everyone,

First post and sadly I am having an issue. I've had my 2005 Cayenne Turbo for about 5 trouble free years. Today I was going to change transmission fluid/filter/gasket using the pelican diy and when I lifted truck up I noticed a small amount of what I believe is atf on one of the wire connectors at the transmission.

The transmission is running PERFECTLY, zero problems. The leak seems to be very minor as there has not even been a drop on the floor where the truck is normally parked. Had I not been under there to change the fluid I would not have noticed at all.

I ended up not doing the fluid/filter swap until I figure out what this could be. Any ideas?? I'm thinking to clean the area very well with degreaser and drive it a bit to see if more comes out?? I have done a bunch of searching and have only heard mention of something similar with atf just on this connector but no details on what I can do?

Here is a picture of the wire connector that is sort of damp with what I believe is atf. You can see the wire connector is close to the 17mm allen/fill plug for the trans. I tried to see if the leak is coming from above but everything is dry only the wire connector is wet.

What do you guys think? Again the truck is running perfectly.

Thank you MUCH in advance.

Last edited by wheelsuprun; 01-24-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:40 PM
wheelsuprun is an unknown quantity at this point
I suppose no one has seen this issue before? I drove the truck about 60 miles today and I checked underneath, the connector still just looks sort of damp. No drops of oil.

Is it possible that the fluid is seeping very slowly through the connector itself? Any idea how I can fix this? Anyone know what connector this is?

I'm going to go ahead and degrease it now and after I drive tomorrow see if the connector is damp again.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you

Old 01-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Unplug the connectors, they are probably full of fluid, they leak from the inside. You will have to get a new harness for inside the transmission. Not that bad really.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:09 PM
boxzilla is on a distinguished road
agreed.

there is a history of atf fluid chasing the wiring harness. The fluid weeps between the wire and its casing and can make its way into the control module under the passanger seat. A web search will usually
​​lead you to mercedes but it is seen in porsche also. Pull the wiring plug off the trans and it may be more evident with a eye full of atf fluid. You may also want go chase the harness under the seat to see how far the intrusion goes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.