Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Jerky under Hard Acceleration and 4wd Fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:42 PM
just_dirty is an unknown quantity at this point
Jerky under Hard Acceleration and 4wd Fault

Under hard acceleration Im getting a jerky sensation as if a plug or coil is bad. Occasionally this will be followed by a 4WD malfunction and PSM being disabled. I tried to get the codes read but the 4wd and PSM malfunction reset after each key cycle so the car had no stored codes(at last not codes that could be detected with an Oreilly OBD2 code reader).

I pulled the plugs and they looked fine as did the coils and i'm also not getting any misfire codes or CEL.

Has anyone had these issues? Is this transfer case stepper motor malfunction? control module? or a new T-Case?

Old 02-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Cheet22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

I'm new here but joined as I saw your post.

I had exactly those symptoms you describe with my 2003 Turbo a few months back. Jolt then 4wd fault then PSM msg on dash.

I changed the stepper motor that bolts to transfer case and all was good.

I changed it myself, 20 mins' job under side of car. I had to make sure though that car was in full 4x4 mode (as I call it), ie low range, full diff lock. Then remove it and replace. Otherwise you can't put new one on as center pin won't line up properly.

Cost about £300 here in UK for new part on eBay.

Hope this helps

Old 02-28-2017, 02:32 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
I had a similar issue when I had mine. It was spinning the tires due to misalignment. It would cause the vehicle to surge and act funny. Got it aligned and the problem went away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.