Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lock Fuel Door While Engine is Running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 01:33 PM
VaCayenneTurbo is on a distinguished road
Lock Fuel Door While Engine is Running

Has anyone figured out how to lock their fuel door while the engine is running? Everytime I go to the car drive through touchless carwash, the blower at the end of the cycle blows my fuel door open. I've tried locking the doors - no help. The only thing that i have found that works is shut the engine off and lock the doors - which locks the fuel door as well. Am I missing something or is this lock feature just not possible while the engine is running. Thanks much.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Mines locked until I press the fuel door button?

Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Porscheman33
Mines locked until I press the fuel door button?

Mine too. The button on 955's in the driver's door pocket unlocks the gas door. You just push it to latch after fueling. If it's not latching there is something wrong with the mechanism I'd guess. I replaced mine because it broke or something. Not a hard job but a bit fidley if you have the Bose amp back there.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:43 AM
VaCayenneTurbo is on a distinguished road
I don't have a special button on mine. I have the 957 version. It does lock if I shut off the engine and lock the doors, but while it's running I have found no way to lock it. Even if I lock the doors (which I it does automatically when I start the car and put it in gear) the fuel door remains unlocked. I guess it's a feature for full service gas stations to fuel your car while you remain indoors. Good luck on finding a full service gas station though.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
I'm starting to think that every Cayenne fuel doors are different and have minds of their own.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:17 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VaCayenneTurbo
I guess it's a feature for full service gas stations to fuel your car while you remain indoors. Good luck on finding a full service gas station though.
Just come to NJ.. you will find nothing but..

Old 04-10-2017, 07:48 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Just come to NJ.. you will find nothing but..

Or Oregon too. All full serve stations.

I had no idea the later cars didn't have the same button as our 955's. It's pretty handy, as you get out of the car you hit the button and the fuel door pops partially open. When you are done you just push it shut and it latches locked.

Guess with the newer ones they figured on saving a few bucks by eliminating the button and just making it function with the door locks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.