Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Porsche (Present) > Cayenne > Cayenne 955/957
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum. Sponsored by: Champion Porsche

Cayenne Turbo Plenums from RSS

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
Cayenne Turbo Plenums from RSS

RSS is proud to announce the exclusive distribution of the Cayenne Turbo Plenums. The dyno proven bolt on plenums optimize the air flow into the combustion chamber by diverting the air through a cast aluminum “Y” design resulting in gains of 30 to 32 hp and 25 ft/lbs of torque. These plenums are available through Porsche tuner shops such as GMG Racing, Protomotive, Speed Gallery and Stuttgart Performance or contact RSS directly for more information. sales@roadsportsupply.com

http://roadsportsupply.com/IPD_Plenums_Porsche.html

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 PM

Dr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond repute
I am getting a 2004 CTT soon. I want to use the GIAC UCU upgrade, EVO intake and cat delete pipes. I also will upgrade the DV's.

Will this spacer be compatible with the GIAC ECU program and intake?

Gone: 2002 Porsche GT2 with GT 30's Tuned by Protomotive, C63 tuned by Eurocharged, E350, Cayenne TT, G35, 644 rwhp M3.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-01-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Banned

RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
Cayenne Turbo Plenum Dyno Sheets

Greetings Again 6 Speeders,

Here are the dyno specs for the Cayenne Turbo Plenum. Please note that this dyno pull was perfromed with a car boosting only .6 bar.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:18 PM

DJB is on a distinguished road
How hard are they to install?
Old 03-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB
How hard are they to install?
All of the plenums install in about 15-20 minutes, except for the 996 Turbo which requires close to 4 hours. But the Cayenne Turbo installs easier than any of the other plenum applications. You can perform the install yourself or have your shop do it, possibly while you wait.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:12 PM

DJB is on a distinguished road
OK thanks for that, I have a Cargraphic ECU and Exhaust - do you need to alter any programming with this mod - I would think not?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:49 PM

NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I haven't seen this mod listed before... That graph shows that it adds a very good amount of power and it won't put a hole in anyones product.

Very nice product, it's well worth the price.
"If you look inside the car, it don't got no music. This car be loud. This is like a stock car. I don't really use it too much; really what I do is, I use it for conversation. I get around my really rich friends and they say, 'I got a Ferrari F50,' and I say, 'me too.'"
Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 PM

kooser is on a distinguished road
Took the plunge! Couldn't resist. Numbers are encouraging, and applied properly for evaluating any mod (same dyno, same car, same day etc.) and I have no reason to question their accuracy at all (RSS is a standup outfit), and even if they are optimistic for all the doubters out there, any HP increase is always well appreciated from my "a$$ dyno"

It will be several weeks before I get a chance to put it on - spring break vacation and waiting to bring it in for an ATF flush/change out (not a believer in lifetime fluids), but once on I will gladly post my subjective experience. I doubt that I will have mine dyno tested again for more objective results but who knows!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:06 PM

BD 997 will become famous soon enough
will it effect warranty?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD 997
will it effect warranty?
I am going to have my dealer put it on, as they did every other perfromance mod. They have assured me that they will have my back JIK of any issue.

A good relationship with your dealership's service department is crucial for any mod stuff in general.

They are an easy swap/bolt on/plug-n-play and can always be quickly swapped back to your stock one if any warranty issue arises. Plus any aftermarket part will not void a warranty unless there is direct proof that that particular part caused the malfunction.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:05 PM

does the plenum change the sound of the car? deeper?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:56 AM

Greg at RSS would be the one to ask - but once on I can let you know - probably not though, not like the set of Evo CAIs do.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:58 PM

makes you wonder why porsche didn't think of making "Y" shaped plenums instead of "T" shaped in all their porsches, if the "Y" is so much better...
anyone have a pic with this installed? Sounds like a cheap and effective mod... those numbers are to good to be true...

Last edited by BD 997; 04-27-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:00 PM

deputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond reputedeputydog95 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD 997
makes you wonder why porsche didn't think of making "Y" shaped plenums instead of "T" shaped in all their porsches, if the "Y" is so much better...
anyone have a pic with this installed? Sounds like a cheap and effective mod... those numbers are to good to be true...

the factory doesn't do it due to the cost i'm guessing. the factory plenum is a very inexpensive piece of plastic. these RSS pieces really work. i put one on my supercharged 996. we did before and after dynos and it worked (picked up HP) as claimed. i have a thread on here somewhere with the dyno numbers.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputydog95
the factory doesn't do it due to the cost i'm guessing. the factory plenum is a very inexpensive piece of plastic. these RSS pieces really work. i put one on my supercharged 996. we did before and after dynos and it worked (picked up HP) as claimed. i have a thread on here somewhere with the dyno numbers.
this is good news...I guess the more HP you have the better is works.... So staying on the conservative side do you think a 500hp CTT can get atleast 515-520hp gain?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Tags
air, car, cayenne, dyno, flow, g35, increase, plenum, power, rss, turbo, turrbo, upgrade