Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Who hates their cupholders?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:13 AM
blownpepper is on a distinguished road
Who hates their cupholders?

I love our Pepper but I'm not a big fan of the cupholders. You can't fit a big drink and you also can't fit two slightly oversize drinks at the same time. My phone rang this morning on the drive in and I had to get it out of my pocket while balancing a large, luckily covered, 44 oz cup of water. It tipped over but there was no spillage on the supple leather! Whew!

Anyone find an aftermarket remedy for this situation?

Old 04-03-2007, 12:27 PM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
I have a 1/2 solution... if you remove the cupholder "insert" the resulting space fits a 44oz nicely... now it may slide around a bit if you hit .90g... but it's better than your lap.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:40 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
get a smaller cup

anyone seen the movie supersize me?

Old 04-03-2007, 08:29 PM
bentley500 will become famous soon enoughbentley500 will become famous soon enough
I have the same problem!! Only small bottles and red bull seem to fit!!

Old 04-03-2007, 08:44 PM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
remove the insert...

Old 04-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Drink bottled water and sit it in the passenger seat?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
hendrady is on a distinguished road
Those cupholders seemed ok to me though..
No offence, but I find it great and makes it easier to quench my thist when driving at 90mph..

I use a mid-sized water bottle & the cushions on the side of the cupholders helped hold down the bottle while I turn the cap open.

All I need is 1 hand to turn the cap, pull the bottle out of the holders and put it back in.

I'd recommend getting a smaller bottle too.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:10 PM
wheels is on a distinguished road
Yes, they work fine with a thin water bottle. But suck for anything bigger. Just drove back from a meeting and stopped for a grande cafe mocha. Some boy racer wanted to play "need for speed" with me on the freeway and it was cafe mocha everywhere. OK really not everywhere, I caught it and had to hold it in my hand while doing crazy one handed lane changes. Not fun.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blownpepper
I love our Pepper but I'm not a big fan of the cupholders. You can't fit a big drink and you also can't fit two slightly oversize drinks at the same time. My phone rang this morning on the drive in and I had to get it out of my pocket while balancing a large, luckily covered, 44 oz cup of water. It tipped over but there was no spillage on the supple leather! Whew!

Anyone find an aftermarket remedy for this situation?
Be happy you have a cup holder to begin with

Old 04-04-2007, 07:17 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I cant buy Venti coffee..LOL so i stick with tall coffee with 2 shots of espresso and a bottle of water

Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 PM
blownpepper is on a distinguished road
Ok, you got me... The Pepper's cupholders are MUCH better than the non-existent cupholders in our 996. When I take the 996 to work with my 44 oz cup of water and a coffee in my hand, I have to wedge the water between the foot rest and my left shin when I'm doing anything other than driving in a straight line...

For all the supersize comments, it's a cup of WATER (or a 44 oz cup of Diet Coke... )! Hydrate yourselves people!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Like Hendrady said!
I also have a 16oz Dunkin Donuts to go mughat fits nicely.
When I stop at Starbucks, y Grande fits in well too.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by alex911s
I cant buy Venti coffee..LOL so i stick with tall coffee with 2 shots of espresso and a bottle of water
I think Porsche is just watching out for our health, trying to get us to stop supersizing everything!

Actually, my father drives around in a F-250 SuperDuty, that thing got cup holders that can fit a big gulp from 7-11~!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
kooser is on a distinguished road
Europeans are not into bringing drinks in their cars while driving. Lucky for cup holders at all - and when they are present they are usually small - for BMWs, Porsche, Audi, etc.

If you want big cup holders - the Escalade would be your best choice!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:36 AM
HawkDucati is on a distinguished road
For water I would suggest a Camel Pak draped over the drivers seat. For coffee, use Power Gels. They contain 25% caffeine. side affect is that you'll drive faster.

In all seriousness, remove the cupholders and insert some non-slip material. Then down size the big gulp one level.

My wife's Expedition has monster cupholders and there are about 20. My Ducati has none, so the CS kind of balances both out nicely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who hates their cupholders?